November 10th, 11th and 12th 2017
Alafia River State Park FTF
South of Brandon, Florida
Join SWAMP for 3-days of adventure at Alafia and Boyette parks.
Ticket Sales for members begin July 16, 2017 12:00 am
Ticket Sales for non-members begin July 23, 2017 12:00 am
Look for your registration link to appear here.
Vendor Registration and Sponsorship information available.
Our premier and favorite annual mountain bike event. The Alafia River State Park Fat Tire Festival is a great mountain bike ride weekend with fun and entertainment in Florida for all registered attendees. With unique topography that offers some of the most radical elevation changes in Florida, the Alafia River State Park mountain bike trails are the most challenging in our riding area. The ‘Moonscape’ and ‘Gatorback’ trails were specifically designed for advanced level riders. The less technical ’Roller Coaster’, ’Bridges’ and ‘North Creek‘ trails provide a real adventure for any experienced cyclist. For new riders, there is ‘Sand Pine’, ‘Rock Garden’ and ‘River Loop’ plus all the 2-track.
Boyette’s trails are forgiving enough for newer riders while still offering an exciting bike ride for more experienced cyclists. The famed ‘Abyss’ and ‘Ridgeline’ trails will amaze and challenge, while the diversity of single-track, technical berm sections, and hilly meadow riding will make for a fun day.
Guided and Self-Guided bike rides will be offered at both trail locations on Saturday. (Boyette only before noon).
Festival Activities and Amenities Include:
- New! Reserve RV spaces via Reserve America for Friday and Saturday nights! (more information available soon)
- Vendor Village, open to the public
- Festival Pass Tickets, lower rate for those not camping overnight
- Guided bike rides for all skill levels on Friday and Saturday
- Open riding all three days (40 miles of single-track)
- Night ride (Friday at 7:00 PM)
- Breakfast & dinner on Saturday (included with ticket purchase)
- Festival Plus Tickets include Camping (two nights) in the campground - proof of registration required
- Local bike shop displays and bike mechanic services
- Bicycle Factory Representatives with demonstration bikes, available in an area open to the public
- Event SWAG!
Festival headquarters (registration, meals, and entertainment) will be located in the public areas of the Alafia River State Park. Use the main park entrance. Only registered attendees with event tickets will be allowed into certain event areas. Public parking area and Vendor Village open to the public.
- 1 - 7 pm Registration Check-in
- 1 - 6 pm Vendor Village (near public parking lot)
- 3:00 pm Alafia Guided Rides (all groups)
- 5 - 6 pm Meet & Greet
- 7:00 pm Night Ride
- 8:00 pm Park Closes
- 11:00 pm Quiet time (for everyone)
- 7:00 Registration Check-in Opens
- 7:00 - 9:00 am Breakfast - Proof of registration required
- 9:00 am - 12 PM Boyette Bike Rides - Proof of Registration required. Gates close at noon
- 9:00 am - 7:00 pm Vendor Village (open to the public)
- 1:45 pm Alafia Guided Rides Start
- 4 - 5 pm Vendor Village Meet and Greet
- 5:30 - 7:30 pm Dinner - Proof of Registration required
- 8 pm Music, entertainment, prize winners announced for sponsor donated items, new theme
- 8:00 pm Park Closes
- 11:00 pm Quiet time
- 7:00 - 9 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am Show and Go Unguided Alafia Rides Start
- 1:00 pm Check Out. Event Officially Ends
Experienced cyclists of all skill levels will find a weekend full of off-road adventure. A variety of mountain bike
rides will be scheduled for Friday; Saturday morning and afternoon. Sunday morning we will have unguided rides for anyone that still has legs that work. Ride Guides and Sweeps will be available for each scheduled bike ride. Helmets will be required. Proof of registration will be required to participate in any ride. We check every rider.
A Night Ride will be offered on Friday. You will need good bike lighting (10 watts or better) that can last 2 hours or more.
The registration fee includes a total of three meals. The meals feature wholesome food, selected with the active rider in mind. A breakfast with plenty of fresh fruit and high-energy carbohydrates will be served both mornings. Proof of registration will be required at all meals.
The camping registration fee includes two-nights’ camping in Alafia River State Park. SWAMP has reserved the 30 RV campground sites for Friday and Saturday nights for our event camping participants. However, each RV space may be shared with several tents or one other Trailer. There is enough room for 300 tents. Advanced Friday / Saturday reservations for RV sites, after that first-come first-served. RV Campers staying over Thursday night who are registered for the event may be asked to move to another RV site on Friday. Campers from Thursday night without event tickets will be asked to leave the park Friday morning.
Participants wishing motel accommodations must make their own arrangements.
The following are located at an I-75 interchange, approximately 20 minutes from the festival.
Brandon- at I-75 & SR-60
Best Western- 813-621-5555
Comfort Suites- 813-630-4444
La Quinta- 813-643-0574
Ruskin/Sun City exit at SR-464
Holiday Inn Express- 877-466-9111
Registration July 16, 2017 - November 6, 2017
Fri-Sun Festival Plus Adult Camping Registration is $100 per person.
Fri-Sun Festival Adult no camping overnight Registration is $75 per person.
Festival Plus Registration is limited to the first 200 applicants.
There will be no event day registration. (all attendees must check-in)
Only Registered persons will be allowed in the camping areas.
Please Do not bring guests/family/friends/significant other unless they register also or keep to the public areas.
No unpaid guests.
Camp sites will be shared for tents, RV's or Trailers, and cannot (more info soon) be reserved for Friday and Saturday nights.
Registration will be verified before entering certain event areas.
Look for the member registration link to appear here on July 16, 2017
All ticket changes must be completed online no later than Tuesday, November 6th.
SWAMP will make arrangements and expenditures based on the number of entries received.
Visit our Online message forums for information on buying, trading or selling unwanted tickets.
Volunteers are needed as sag support, site preparation, Ride Guides, registration hosts, meal servers and cleanup staff. Most volunteers get to ride.
Not all applicants are guaranteed volunteer positions.
Therefore, include the full registration fee with your application, even if you volunteer.
ALL VOLUNTEER APPLICANTS MUST CONTACT OUR EVENTS COORDINATOR.
- Event is rain or shine so plan accordingly.
- Camp sites are all shared with Tents, only ONE RV or ONE Trailer and on a first come, first served basis. The campground will be full.
- The park gate will be locked during the night so re-entry may not be possible during these hours.
See previous event photos (in a new window).
For more information E-mail questions to: Events at SWAMPClub dot org