Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: thanks treadlight - good ride sunday  (Read 1194 times)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
thanks treadlight - good ride sunday
« on: June 18, 2007, 08:46:11 AM »
i got some new wheels and wanted to take my time trying them out sunday so cparider and myself went to boyette to lose the crowd and go at our own pace.  we got to north abyss about the same time as treadlight - he asked what sections of trail we have ridden and what we were going to ride.  we had already ridden pandemonium - this is a great new trail.  i will like it better once it has been ridden more and it a bit more broken in.  so he rides the north abyss with us then suggests the other abyss trails - cpa rider had never done those trails before and i had just done the first part of them and bailed out before the benches.  treadlight did a great job of pacing and guiding us through these trails with no incedents and we all had a great time.   then we road to the meadows and jumped the jump several times (i got a little suqirrely the last jump but kept it upright)  (we really need to build some proper jumps out there in that meadow - it lends itself for it perfectly)  then we did spider berm and lochness back to th etrail head (the heat was getting to us) 

but i wanted to say it was a very good ride when you have somebody that is nice enough to take their time and help you learn some new trails and give you the confidence to clear them.

thank you treadlight

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: thanks treadlight - good ride sunday
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:03:01 AM »
Good to hear you guys had a great time.  One of those east medow jumps took Forrest out with a broken shoulder.  It is nice to clear a jump but not very forgiven since you can build good speed on it.  I know is hard for you to make it to the Thursday's 5:30/6pm ride.  But that is what we do on Thursdays.  We don't go out and bomb it to get a ton of miles.  Or go out and race each other to see who can make it to the end of the trail first.  We stop and ride sections that give others a hard time and ride them over and over to help each other.  Come out whenever you can Thursdays.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 10:05:07 AM by MrSandPine »

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
Re: thanks treadlight - good ride sunday
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:27:29 AM »
thank you treadlight
No big deal there FactorE wished we could stayed longer but my "the night before pre-father's celebration" left me dehydrated. As soon as I got up yesterday morning I probably drank 1 gallon of water to prehydrated (which kinda too late), 15-20 minutes or so before the trail I downed a gu gel hoping it will help me but the first 5 miles was just pain in the a## can't breath, mouth's dry, knees hurting but I kept on riding thinking "you will waste an hour of drive foo". By the  second lap of golf cart and meet you guys at the entrance of Abyss I felt good so I thought I could ride with you guys but I was wrong, you saw me breathing hard and sweating like a pig even before the bridge.
You guys did great and thank you for the confidence to letting me lead you guys.
See you out there next time.

Advertisement: