Author Topic: Thanks from Texas  (Read 251 times)

Offline Shadow

• Associate
  • First Bike
    • Shadow Tales
Thanks from Texas
« on: April 17, 2010, 09:53:01 PM »
I was out at Croom on March 12th and rode with your group......thanks.  Really enjoyed the company and it is always more fun to have some "locals" show you around. I did hit Santos the next day on my way out of Fl.

If any of you find yourselves in the DFW area....hit me up...we have over 200 miles of trail at 14 locations around the metromess. And much more very close.....we are truely blessed.

Here is a video of a 6hr endurance race we held at the trail I am currently building.....it stands at 8.8 miles but should reach 25-30 when done.
Frozen Series - Big Cedar 2010

And this was the last Tmbra state race put on by our club here in Dallas lsat weekend....April 11.
Bar-H Bash.wmv

Don't seek change, be part of the change you seek

Racing sport 50+ for B&B Bikes
Mango GF "Shadow" 29er SS (fun bike)
Red GF Paragon 29er 1x9 (race bike)
Trek Madrone 5.2

Offline SandPine

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
    • <b>SandPine's Ride Reports</b>
Re: Thanks from Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »
Nice vid... I thought DFW had flatter trails... i visit the valley (San Antonio and south) often but those trails with twisty climbs look nice...

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • The rider formerly known as mtbker1224
    • Escape the Daily Grind
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:20:13 PM »
I was extremely disappointed with the trails around the greater Houston area; lived out there for about 6 months back in 2008. Bluff Creek Ranch in Warda was an absolute blast.

Offline Shadow

• Associate
  • First Bike
    • Shadow Tales
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 01:04:14 AM »
Yep....I'm in Houston a few times a year on business......not much there...but it is getting better.  The hill country around Austin has some great riding.  Most of the Dallas trails are semi flat...but we do have some elevation that we've made good use of.   The 6hr video is from a "mountain" (I use the term likely)ridge that runs through Dallas.  The trail is on the highest point in Dallas county.  We have 1650 ft of climbing in the 8.8 miles.

Hope to get back to Fl later in the summer. 
Don't seek change, be part of the change you seek

Racing sport 50+ for B&B Bikes
Mango GF "Shadow" 29er SS (fun bike)
Red GF Paragon 29er 1x9 (race bike)
Trek Madrone 5.2