Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Ready for Croom tomorrow - first club ride  (Read 1785 times)

Offline SmartRider

• Huffy Rider
  • Me
    • My Work
Ready for Croom tomorrow - first club ride
« on: June 23, 2007, 12:22:40 PM »
Hello SWAMPers.. I finally picked out a bike (WARP DS2) and I'm ready to ride.  It's been a long time in the works... I'm pretty new to the trails so I'm curious to hear what pace is expected??  8) 

Any advice or tips on what to bring is much appreciated!!  Look forward to meeting some of you on the trial tomorrow.

Thanks,
-Andrew

Unyielding Single Track is your Friend

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
Re: Ready for Croom tomorrow - first club ride
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 12:38:20 PM »
Well one thing is def water and lots of (depending how much you drink) It gets how pretty hot out there and staying hydrated is paramount.  Also a basic tool kit including chain tool, tube or slime, some allen wrenchs, and perhaps a pump.  Snacks are good too I love cliff bars, but what ever floats your boat there.

As far as pace, pick one! Swamp has groups for every pace.  If you are brand new i would recommend c group slow to moderate pace and they make stops at all intersections for everyone to catchup and take a break, if you find that too slow, there are the b groups, and if you are crazy there is always a.  Talk to the ride guide when you get there to get an idea of pace and the trails.

Hope this helps!
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »
Welcome to the club Andrew. Croom is a great place to start riding. It isn't very technical, but can get pretty toasty. Bring lots of water for it, I look forward to seeing ya there.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 02:27:59 PM »
Hello SWAMPers.. I finally picked out a bike (WARP DS2) and I'm ready to ride.  It's been a long time in the works... I'm pretty new to the trails so I'm curious to hear what pace is expected??  8) 

Any advice or tips on what to bring is much appreciated!!  Look forward to meeting some of you on the trial tomorrow.

Thanks,
-Andrew

Hey Andrew, welcome to the club.  Croom has some awesome trails, but can also kick your butt, so enjoy it for what it is the first few times out.  Pre hydrate starting now.  You'll be glad that you did come start time tomorrow.  Bring enough water and hydrate while riding.  If your bike holds two water bottles take advantage of it along with a Camelback.  This time of year it gets hot out there and you need water with any activity.  Try not to get into a group over your level. The guides have two way radios so if you find that you need to move up or move back a group they can alert the next guide to look for you.  Hope you enjoy it.  The trails should be in nice shape.

Offline SmartRider

• Huffy Rider
  • Me
    • My Work
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 12:51:22 PM »
Thanks to all for putting on a great ride today.  I wanted to mention that the guides for the C ride were fantastic - very considerate and helpful and it made my first time out there riding extremely fun.  Thank you Marsha for hanging in there with me.  Look forward to many more rides with the club and lastly - long live CLIF Shot Blocks.. ohh my god that helped  ;D

Unyielding Single Track is your Friend

Offline Marsha Hauck

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:34:58 PM »
Andrew, I am so glad you had a good time!  You did great!  Iam looking forward to when you are passing me!!!!! :D
Marsha

Advertisement: