SWAMP Community Forums
April 23, 2008, 06:46:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: North Creek Trail at Alafia River State Park is a fun and popular trail.
Ride this intermediate trail and then post your review here!

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 13 Hours of Santos  (Read 4338 times)
Jimbo
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2007, 12:09:54 PM »

Only a couple of days to go.  I'm really starting to get stoked for the race!  It's gonna be a lot of fun!  See you guys out there Sunday morning.

It's not just fun, it's an addiction!
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2007, 01:39:36 PM »

anybody planning to run me over better have good bike control and be able to bunny hop a LARGE object...clydes are not the easiest to roll over

Bunny's racing too?
I would just go euro style. Wink  This race is going to be a blast.It will be cool hanging with all of you heads sunday! I am going to try to go up saturday and pre ride and maybe get a hotel room.

Okay, some of you will have to introduce yourselves, since I haven't put screen personnas to faces and ACTUAL people yet.  :-)  Should be a lot of fun once past Jon Brown!  haha
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »

anybody planning to run me over better have good bike control and be able to bunny hop a LARGE object...clydes are not the easiest to roll over

Bunny's racing too?

Regretably no, on the insistance of my Ortho Doctor. I made the mistake of asking him. Sucks too because I am actually feeling much stronger. Completed the vortex loop with little drama last Sunday(ok, one fall).

I will be rooting for all of you guys, I am going to the T/C ride to guide in the morning and have been talking to my wife about coming up to Santos after. I hope to get up there, either way I know all of you will do well.

For the record, you wouldn't have to go over me.......maybe around but not over. I love John Brown.

Grin Grin

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
Stumpjumper
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »

Good luck everybody.  I am going to spend family time with the wife and sons up on the Suwannee RIver.  Chillin', riding Sea-Doos, waterskiing, kneeboarding, and wakeboarding. Grin Grin Grin

See you at Boyette.

Kenny

What was I THINKING !!!!!!
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ss29erposer whoneedsknees nostandingup

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2007, 04:25:02 PM »

Three more days and I don't feel so good. I feel like I'm going to throw up or something. So freakin excited.

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do"-----------Anonymous

http://treadlight-mtb.blogspot.com/
http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2007, 04:36:03 PM »

Good luck everybody.  I am going to spend family time with the wife and sons up on the Suwannee RIver.  Chillin', riding Sea-Doos, waterskiing, kneeboarding, and wakeboarding. Grin Grin Grin

Watch out for those leaping sturgeon!  Oh, and have fun too.  :-)
EllsRider
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

813Racing

« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2007, 04:52:08 PM »

Dang Treadlight, easy boy!  I have to make certain I don't go to a nudie bar with you, you will get us all in touble!!!   Shocked Shocked  Grin  Grin Just kidding of course.
I'll be sportin an 813 Jersey so don't be afraid to say "outta my way beeaaatchh" if I'm in anyones way on the course. I'll be trying to spin slow and steady to preserve my energy. I'm having serious doubts about going 6 laps now. Haven't been riding  but just over  a 100 miles a month  for  the past 3-4 months now, so I'm am not in my expected  svelt race ready form.  Grin  Ha -ha. First one to use the svelt word on the board.  Grin

" Not this time, Lance"
Stumpjumper
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »

Watch out for those leaping sturgeon!  Oh, and have fun too.  :-)

One of those leaping sturgeon hitting my son's kindergarden teacher's parents boat last Labor Day not far downriver from us.  They ended up hit an old railroad tressle before running onto the river's bank.  They were in the hospital several weeks before returning back to Plant City.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:58:48 PM by Stumpjumper » Logged

What was I THINKING !!!!!!
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2007, 08:32:48 PM »

The bruised ribs from my endo last Thursday at Boyette has not gotten any better.  My son jumped on top of me yesterday and it agravated it more.  2 advils every 4-6 hours have kept me going all today today.  If the race had been today, I would not have suited up to start.  I will be rolling Sunday even if I average 6-8mph and can't lift my handle bars.  No way I am missing it... Gotta go find my old percoset pills now....  See you there!!!

FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2007, 08:53:57 PM »

who is going to santos tomorrow?

chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »

I will be there in the afternoon. Then I'll track down a hotel room. Cool
FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2007, 09:42:29 PM »

i want to go down tomorrow and get a room as well - i want to share a room with somebody if i can save some coin

Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2007, 10:32:49 PM »

The bruised ribs from my endo last Thursday at Boyette has not gotten any better. 

Marcel, you are endoing too much my friend.  You either need a bigger bike, set back seat post, or longer stem.  Quit crashing Primo!!
EllsRider
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

813Racing

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2007, 11:20:04 PM »

Nah, you guys aren't getting it. You throw your excuses out there early, before the race. That way you gots your bases covered!  Grin For meeee, I'm going with the not having been riding alot, lately excuse. Its not too late to cover your a#$!

" Not this time, Lance"
Jimbo
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2007, 11:59:27 PM »

You guys heading up tomorrow afternoon might have to dodge some rain drops.  There is a pretty good chance of rain for Saturday afternoon.  That just means the trail will be nice and tacky for Sunday.

I've been riding for only 7 months will be my excuse. Grin

See ya'll up there Sunday morning, bright and early.

It's not just fun, it's an addiction!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: