Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 03:46:34 PM] Skinman: Cant run...no legs

[Today at 03:46:39 PM] treadlight: Dan--cant do...baby duty

[Today at 03:46:43 PM] treadlight: i wish tho

[Today at 03:46:51 PM] Dan-o: got it

[Today at 03:47:05 PM] treadlight: thanks for the invite btw

[Today at 03:47:14 PM] Dan-o:  i have 3 and got the hall pass!

[Today at 03:47:26 PM] treadlight: same here..10, 7 & 3

[Today at 03:47:38 PM] treadlight: brb

[Today at 03:50:22 PM] FACTORe: I have a pomeranian

[Today at 03:50:32 PM] FACTORe: that is like a baby

[Today at 03:54:02 PM] Dan-o: does she sht in a box like a cat?

[Today at 04:07:00 PM] FACTORe: she has teets...she can be milked

Advanced search  

News:

SWAMP Forums are available to anyone who wants to join in, register now for free by clicking the register link near the top of this page. Registered guests who login have access to additional boards and topics. Please note that all official SWAMP club communications still come from the Yahoo! e-group.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: So You think you are an ' A " rider?  (Read 2718 times)

EllsRider

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
So You think you are an ' A " rider?
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:46:56 AM »
I was thinking yesterday about how people choose which group they want to ride in, especially if  it's their first group ride. Alot  of different factors to consider. Some of your riding buddies might be in different groups so how does one choose? Like always when me and the Chiselnuts are contemplating these weighty issues, it always ends up being comical. We started making Dave Letterman Top 10 lists for whether or not one might be an 'A" Rider or not, and also doing one liners for the 'You might be a Redneck if ....' , (can't remember his name  right now,)  but I thought I would share a couple of our thoughts. Keep in mind, this is for the sake of comedy and is not intended to make fun of anybody. With that in mind ....

You Might not be an A rider if you show up to the ride wearing enough body armor that you like your preparing to battle Ghengis Khan

You might not be an A Rider if you say to yourself " My bike is good enough"

You might not be an A Rider if you have man boobies bigger than a 13 year old girls

You might want to consider riding with the B Group if your Camelback weighs as much as your bike

You might not be an A Rider if you still buy your Gels one at a time

The B Group might be better suited for you if ride flat pedals

You might not be an A Rider if you wish there was a 'skills section' next to the parking lot

This is only a short list to help out new riders. Please feel free to add on, and one day I envision a pamphelt that can be distributed at the beginning of group rides to help people figure out which group  to ride with.  ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Outside Sport/813 Racing
Re: So You think you are an ' A " rider?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 08:25:20 AM »
dont put a skills section next to the lot...for Christ's sake...build the jump park already

(this is coming from a B - - )
notice has been served - 813 racing is in the house

PIRANHA

• Amatuer Billy Goat
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 08:35:02 AM »
 ::) You might not be an "A" rider if your bike doesn't have a rear shock  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

-just kidding!
Gary Fisher Piranha w/ XT crankset, XT rear, WTB MotoRaptor 2.14 race's, carbon seatpost, Marzocchi MX PRO ETA/TAS

Coach

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 08:45:29 AM »
You might not be an "A" rider if the "warm-up" lap on North Creek sends you back to the parking lot looking for oxygen!  (Guilty)

"No good deed goes unpunished" -Coach

Bear

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 12:48:30 PM »
"running flat pedals" - this is a matter of choice...I know some damn fast sprinters who aren't on clips, and I'll give a run with anyone with clips - I'm not saying I can take everyone, but I do take issue with this point.....so bring it 8)

....maybe I'd be better with clips, but I gues we may never know, but for those who keep trying to convert me...I do enjoy the arguments you guys make  ;)

Also, I think there should be a skills section, but that happens to be because I think that the majority are not A riders and would benefit (I still would like to see some 2' + drop-offs personally as well, but that proposal has already been made...and still eager to hear back)

How about this one...you might not be an "A" rider if a person running flats can out ride you (period)

OK I'm done on the soap box....now who wants to just get out and ride.....I still love you guys (in a stictly brotherly sort of way of course :D)
Work, what's that?!  Oh, s*** I'm late!

Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »
Shoot.  I can think of a longer list for the "B" group too.  However, as funny as the items are, they might still be too close to truth to post!   :P <evil grin>  ::)
Cannondale Prophet 1000 (Blue)

PIRANHA

• Amatuer Billy Goat
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 01:42:15 PM »
There are some of us in the "B" group who can ride faster if we choose, and we do sometimes. We are more like the "B++" group. I'm going to start my own group and call it the "LMNOP" group. Yeah, that's the ticket!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 01:48:39 PM by PIRANHA »
Gary Fisher Piranha w/ XT crankset, XT rear, WTB MotoRaptor 2.14 race's, carbon seatpost, Marzocchi MX PRO ETA/TAS

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 02:05:43 PM »
you might not be an "A" rider if you look like this in bibs

EllsRider

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 04:23:48 PM »
Again, this is only a comical bit.  Do not take anything personal.

As Kevan says here:

Shoot.  I can think of a longer list for the "B" group too.  However, as funny as the items are, they might still be too close to truth to post!    <evil grin> 

This is true and I thought about not posting but I thought there was some funny enough stuff to go ahead and try it. I also was hoping for some  more. And  the sword cuts both ways  ....

;D
" Not this time, Lance"

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 04:26:06 PM »
go ahead and let the comedy fly - for goodness sakes people - we are mountainbikers...are we not supposed to have thick skin and good senses of humor?

come on Kev...let's hear it.    :) 

heck - i will do some that might even make fun of some of my posts from the past (racing catagories)

you might be a C rider if you are on a forum complaining about sandbaggers

you might be a B- rider if you enjoy waiting 20 minutes to drop into the abyss because everybody is in this group (some of you cats need to move to B+) <club ride sandbaggers>

i dont know anything about the A riders because i only see them for a split second then they are gone - i will report back later

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 04:32:04 PM by FACTORe »

EllsRider

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 04:46:31 PM »
Thas what i be talkin' about!!!   ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Crazed Bunny with limited traction on leaves.
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 05:23:03 PM »
You might be an "A" rider if you have a bell on your handle bars. :D
"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"

If you have any question regarding any policies or problems on the message boards, please contact me via PM or by email at Konagregg at gmail.com

Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • On Your Left!!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:17 PM »
i dont know daddy my camelback is pretty heavy LMAO  ;D   ;D   ;D 

thats some funny stuff

-bob :)
What's Better Than Riding?

Bear

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 08:39:56 PM »
I hardly think that a ligher camelback is an A category - hell, you guys carry more stuff than AJ's stocks in the shop!!!

I have new nicknames for the groups.....I'll only share the B's and let the other two groups have their own imagination run away.....

B is for Balls...so if you ride the B+ group...well that just means we have really big ones!! 8) 8)

I think I might have to ride the A group out at Morris Bridge one of these rides to see how much cooler you guys are (or faster if you will).

Actually, truth be told I really like riding really fast on flatter curvy areas.  Out at Alafia though, I have to say I prefer the B+ group though....after all the smack...I know I can't hang with the speed you guys in "A"  have on Gatorback and Moonscape especially...it' still fun to talk smack though ;D

Bear

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 08:51:25 PM »
B is also for B****in...those of us who like wasting other people's brain cells by posting soap box speaches on the forum :D

And gels.....is this like a rite of passage...good grief those are like eating..... well I don't know what but I just can't get down on those things

You also might not be an A rider if your weighs more than....Dr. Phil :D :D (weight loss guru my a**)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 18 queries.