SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 02:38:38 PM] Darrinw2001: LSU vs Gaors will be a great game this year Fe... 

[Today at 02:38:47 PM] Darrinw2001: Gators... opps.

[Today at 02:38:53 PM] FACTORe: if it is like last time they played in Death Valley

[Today at 02:39:02 PM] FACTORe: that was a battle

[Today at 02:39:03 PM] Darrinw2001: You can watch it at my House!

[Today at 02:39:24 PM] FACTORe: I watch it in my lucky tighty whities and I wear a LSU cape

[Today at 02:39:28 PM] FACTORe: for good luck

[Today at 02:39:46 PM] Darrinw2001: thanks for that picture in my mind...

[Today at 02:39:47 PM] FACTORe:  I rub my lucky LSU knome

[Today at 02:40:09 PM] FACTORe: I then hang up a purple and gold confederate flag

[Today at 02:40:11 PM] Darrinw2001: I just got the bids oic out and bow you put this in it?

[Today at 02:40:46 PM] FACTORe: put on a pot of gumbo

Advanced search  

News:

Boyette Scrub Preserve Trail Map available.
Check the Boyette Trail Maps section.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member of the Swamp Club.  (Read 1179 times)

slowfatguy

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
Re: New member of the Swamp Club.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 08:07:06 PM »
Yeah, I know right where you went over. I've come close a few times, and I've seen a few others go over there. And have heard about a whole lot of people that go swimming there.

I assume everyone knows who Tinker Juarez is? He went swimming at Carter one time. So it gets everyone eventually.
Jason.
Garry says I get a trail building star!

SandPine

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »
...I assume everyone knows who Tinker Juarez is? He went swimming at Carter one time. So it gets everyone eventually.

I remember reading about this on his Blog.  Quite interesting reading to get a rider's perspective of a race.  You can read how he had technical problems in that race including a detailed account of his fall in the water.  Even a comparision of the Carter park with some other internaltion venues he has done.  Very interesting.  Check it out:  http://www.tinkerjuarez.com/archives/carter_park_2006.htm

RiskEverything

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 12:23:24 AM »
Nice to see that even Tinker found Carter Road a challenging course. Not so challenging that he couldn't win it without so much as a pre-run, even after falling in the water, having to replace a rear wheel, etc...

I almost went into the water on Lochness early on a Thursday evening ride. I clipped my handlebar on a tree and was heading off the edge. Everything went slow-motion. There were some small trees to grab ahold of, and I remember reaching out with my right hand and grabbing the tree (hoping it was big enough to stop me) and reaching down with my left hand and grabbing the saddle as my bike shot out in front of me. I don't remember unclipping and jumping off the bike. I turned to the right and kept saying "Go go go go!" to the people who were riding behind me and slowing down to make sure I was OK. (I want to say Janice was right behind me).

I had only ridden clipless a few times, and that wreck gave me a big boost of confidence that I could get out of the pedals quickly when I needed to.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 18 queries.