Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Trail Maintenance  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
Trail Maintenance
« on: July 06, 2007, 10:43:49 AM »
I sent an e-mail with a couple questions, but haven't gotten a reply.  I don't know if it went to the right address....but any way.  I want to help tomorrow at Alafia and I know it is at 9.  My daughter wants to go, she is nine and will actually work, but how long do these last and can she go?  Also do you guys bring your bikes to ride after or do you just hang out or what?  Any help would be great.
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
Re: Trail Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 10:52:39 AM »
Hi Coach,

Glad you want to work on the trails.  We start working at 9:00 am and usually stop around 12:00 pm.  Other people have brought their children, good family time.  I am planning on bringing my 3 y.o.  After working, we have lunch which is provided by the trail boss.  If you want to, bring your bike and ride afterwards.

Hope to see you there,
Kenny
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
Coach,
Thanks for volunteering.  Please RSVP Art North <northbkr at gmail.com>.   Some do bring their bikes to go for a ride afterwards. 

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
Speaking of trail help--since I live a few blocks from Croom and ride it everyday, I have started going out there every few days with an axe and clearing mostly the east side of the blue loop. That is where I ride the most. So that whole area should soon be kept up pretty well by myself and you guys won't have to mess with it so much. Any instructions that you guys would like to give me on how you normally keep up the trails???

Thanks
Mike Cole

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 11:15:31 PM »
Noble,
Your help is also appreciated.  Please get in contact with the trail boss out there.  His name is Bob Wilcox <b.wilcox at earthlink.net>.  If that doesn't work then email trails at swampclub.org and ask for Croom trail boss.  Thank you.

Advertisement: