Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Giant ORC2  (Read 4220 times)

Offline SmartRider

• Huffy Rider
  • Me
    • My Work
Giant ORC2
« on: July 06, 2007, 06:33:28 PM »
Ok.. now I've done it.. I had the good fortune to sit on a new Giant ORC2 today.. wow.. it was nice http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/road/3/11473/  Price was pretty good.. $880.00.  I'm curious if some of you can offer some tips or things to look for on buying a road bike.. so I can cross train.  I'm looking to keep the price in the $1500 range.. so i can still get a new MTB this year as well.. ;)  Ohh my god I think I'm turning into FACTORe..  ;D I've got bikes on the brain.

I'm off to ride my MTB on the road tonight to get ready for Sunday.

Best,
Andrew
Unyielding Single Track is your Friend

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
Re: Giant ORC2
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »
look here for closeouts http://lakelandtrek.com/ 
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline ejosrq

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:41:07 PM »
The Giant OCR series offers quite a bit of bike for the money, likely the reason it is one of the best sellingbikes out there. I recently picked up an OCR3 and am very satisfied with it. If you can get a OCR2 for 800ish that leves plenty of money left from your 1500 budget to put towards your new mountain bike fund. After all were all about the mtb here  ;D
---------------------------------------------------------
Giant Trance (FS)
Access XCL (HT)
Raleigh Tangent (vintage)
Rocky Mountain Solo 70st (road)

Offline cparider

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »
First, as the one who mostly rides with Factore you are not turning into Factore  :)
Second, I can not speak for the OCR series but I currently ride the TCR3 composite. I bought a prior year model for less than 1,500, and after a year or so I just upgraded the wheel to mavic's. Everything else stock.  I love it. From what I understand the OCR is the same bike but with a slightly more relaxed position where as the tcr is a more race stance. For that price you couldn't go wrong.

Chris 

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »
I am with cparider, for $1,500 you can afford an all carbon one.  I picked up the Giant OCR C2 for about the price you are looking at spending.  But with that you can also pick up a Specialized, Trek, plus other full carbon ones.  As Beercan said, stay with last year closeouts so you can get the most for your money.  If you want to stay under the $1K limit, you should try to get one with at least a carbon fork.  It helps a lot on road vibrations.   Good luck.

Offline SmartRider

• Huffy Rider
  • Me
    • My Work
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 09:26:43 AM »
Thanks guys... I appreciate the info.. Good tip on the carbon fork.. I didn't know that.  Are there any bike shops in Tampa that anyone recommends that may have overstock?  I haven't ventured down to Tampa yet and would love to check them out.

-Andrew
Unyielding Single Track is your Friend

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 06:56:33 PM »
Oliver's Cycle Sports is a Trek dealer. I got a killer deal on my Trek 1500. :)   Compared to the Ocr at the same price point you get some slightly uplevel components.

Advertisement: