Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: I missed the Rock Garden bridge ! Ouch !  (Read 1445 times)

Offline BadAssCorrado

• Huffy Rider
    • Fixx Tuning
I missed the Rock Garden bridge ! Ouch !
« on: July 08, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »
I went to Alafia state park this weekend to do some mountain biking with some friends. It was the first time at Alafia and I can say it's fun but extremely challenging and I'm not a big fan of the roots. We rode for about an hour and a half and were working on completing the Rock Garden trail. I decided to pick up the pace and was feeling a little confident when I went flying around a corner to find a wooden bridge over a stream. Typically the point is to cross the bridge but I didn't have nearly enough time to straighten the bike out and I went diagonally off the bridge and into the stream. The front wheel hit the bottom of the stream and I went flying over the handle bars. My head smashed into a rotten log and after that point I have no idea what happened. I gashed my forehead, busted both knees badly and have a few other cuts and scrapes. I managed to pedal back to the car and we drive home after that. The scary thing is I can't wait to do it again but I'm going to stick to Boyette for now. I guess it's like racing cars, if you don't crash sometimes then ur not going fast enough. :)  I've always wondered why some people ride with full face hemets and shin guards but man I would have loved to have them today. 

The bridge

Where my head hit

Me, dazed and confused.
Bill

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
Re: I missed the Rock Garden bridge ! Ouch !
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 10:45:06 PM »
Nicely done, the red mark on your head will make a nice story at work lol.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 09:36:42 AM »
I'm sure this will be me sooner than later!  Glad you are OK!

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 09:40:41 AM »
We all have good spills that are always good for conversation at work on Monday.  I know I've had a few.  Goes with the territory.  What kind of fun would it be if there wasn't a chance of hurting yourself? ;D
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Advertisement: