Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: The BWW 100 . . .uhm no  (Read 1802 times)

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
The BWW 100 . . .uhm no
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:17:37 PM »
I really thought this would be closer to 100 miles, but it was so hot today I did not care.  :P
http://www.govbt.com/10july2007.html
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Re: The BWW 100 . . .uhm no
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:55:11 PM »
Heck of a ride Beercan!!! How is riding on Hwy 37?  What about 62? Seems like a lot of cars on 62 and they haul arse don't they? What about coming back on 301? Nice bike lane on 301 isn't there?  Amazing how 1 -2 degrees makes abig difference in the heat. If there isn't any cloud cover it's like death by frying pan. 
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 10:01:11 PM »
Great job Sean!!!!! :D

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:28:41 PM »
Looks like you had a good ride. Considering how hot it is, going over 80 miles is pretty remarkable. Those streets scare me though. I'm I wuss on the roadie. I stay on quiet backroads but it really limits the miles
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »
Gotta bow to you on this one fo sure... that heat is just painful.  I used to live on Saffold/Hwy 579.  Is it all paved now when it meets Hwy 62?  About 10-15 years ago, it was still hard packed dirt.  Also, why do you keep doing that little finger off Carlton Lake Loop road?  It can be more then 100-200 yars in and out and I know there is no store there.  Must be a hill or something...

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 11:59:17 PM »
Heck of a ride Beercan!!! How is riding on Hwy 37?  What about 62? Seems like a lot of cars on 62 and they haul arse don't they? What about coming back on 301? Nice bike lane on 301 isn't there?  Amazing how 1 -2 degrees makes abig difference in the heat. If there isn't any cloud cover it's like death by frying pan. 
I like SR 37 for the most part.  It is smooth and has a nice bike lane, that is until you get to Manatee county.  Then it turns into a rough road with no shoulder.  62 was a bad road for bikes and I will avoid it in the future.  Traffic is not that heavy but the vehicles out there are way to fast for my comfort level and there is no shoulder at all.  I am going to look at some other routes this week but this time I think I will scope them out with my car first.  ;D

Gotta bow to you on this one fo sure... that heat is just painful.  I used to live on Saffold/Hwy 579.  Is it all paved now when it meets Hwy 62?  About 10-15 years ago, it was still hard packed dirt.  Also, why do you keep doing that little finger off Carlton Lake Loop road?  It can be more then 100-200 yars in and out and I know there is no store there.  Must be a hill or something...
I do that little finger off carlton lake rd because that is where my parents live.  I stop for some water and maybe a quick pbj before I finish.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 12:03:09 AM by BeerCan »
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 12:30:10 AM »
so what you trainin with out me???  i see how it is... i gotta quit my job again.. your gonna drive me to the poor house LOL  ;D

-Bob
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline VELOMATT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Have a nice day!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »
Not too shabby my friend, I bet those hills are really helping you train for the 100 miles in northern Virginia.  J/K  Good job getting the miles in even though the heat is killer.
matt
Gears??? We don't need no STINKING GEARS!!!

Advertisement: