Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: July Boyette workday  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
July Boyette workday
« on: July 11, 2007, 08:43:19 PM »
Hey folks, it's that time again.  This Saturday is the scheduled Boyette workday. 

We have a few things that need to be taken care of.  One that might seem popular to many folks is to make the entrance to the trails behind the Super Crapper easier to navigate on two wheels.

The other work will be to trim back the over growth.  Then if we have enough bodies and time left we can start on the new trail - Sidewinder.  This will be an intermediate to easy trail similar to Golf Cart.  It will require bench cuts, a wooden go over across a pipe, and then basically clearing a path on the second half of it.

For all of you folks who asked for a trail that wasn't "heart stopping" or "did you eat your wheaties to ride it" - here it is.

Give a few hours if you can from 8:45 - noon. 

RSVP by Friday so lunch and beverage will be ready.

Thanks in advance.

Garry

Offline jro

• First Bike
Re: July Boyette workday
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 07:37:33 PM »
I am not 100 percent that I can make it but where will you be meeting @ and if I am late how do I find you all?   I have only been to boyette one time and I parked at the fire station/tower. 

Offline jro

• First Bike
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
Okay I am being mental i was thinking about Croom..  I have never been to Boyette so working and riding there still sounds good, plus it is closer.  I have heard that there is a parking lot at Boyette and then you have to ride about a mile or two before you get to the trails.  If I am late where will you be?

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 07:48:38 PM »
Okay I am being mental i was thinking about Croom..  I have never been to Boyette so working and riding there still sounds good, plus it is closer.  I have heard that there is a parking lot at Boyette and then you have to ride about a mile or two before you get to the trails.  If I am late where will you be?

We meet at the parking lot about 8:40 or so, then caravan in at about 9:00 a.m. to where we will be working.  This workday some will start work right at the parking lot while others get distributed to the different trails that need trimming.  If you are late and have your own loppers or trimming tools you can ride your bike on any of the trails and stop and trim where overgrowth needs to be cut back from the trail.  Just be sure to toss your trimmings off of the trail.  We then meet at the picnic tables at noonish for eats and drinks.  Hope to see you there.  Any more takers??

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 08:13:13 PM »
Garry,
See my email.  If the wife makes out of the house early enough, I will be there by 9am.  Count me in please...

Advertisement: