Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Vinokourov's bloody butt  (Read 1947 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Vinokourov's bloody butt
« on: July 13, 2007, 07:51:02 AM »
Anyone see Vinokourov's butt after that wipe out in the tour. That must have hurt like he##!!! Great , great effort to get back as close as he did. Great job by  the domestiques. Great example of how a team rallies to support the chosen one.  Not a good day for the Kzecks as Kloden may be out also. Discovery was there though as Popovich and Hencapie are looking strong. I think  Hencapie will  make news this year.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: Vinokourov's bloody butt
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 08:35:11 AM »
he was one of my picks to win it all - hope he can claw his way back in it - it was a good effort coming back as much as he did

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
As the commentators said "That will be sticking to the sheets tonight".  I thought that was pretty funny.  He did a great job rallying back to the main group.  That sprint was awesome at the end.  50 mph, damn!!
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
50 mph and they said it was a slight up hill!!!   
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »
I think  Hencapie will  make news this year.

what have I been tellin you guys!!  we dont need ivan basso or levi.. we got george!!! 
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 05:58:56 AM »
The hills start today! Stage win predictions? :-\

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 09:40:55 PM »
what have I been tellin you guys!!  we dont need ivan basso or levi.. we got george!!! 

You still going with George?  I don't think he had a good day today.  Can he make up the 7 minutes?  I hope he shows up later.  Levi did real good though.  I never picked a favorite since I am still getting familiar with all the names.  Who was that young kid that just kicked everyone butt on the climbs today?

My hands were sweaty watching them how they fight the crouds on the way up as they jump at you with flags and crazy costums.  Not to mention that 50+ mph on the downhills?  WOW.... my hands wanted to reach for my brakes thinking I was on the bike!!!!   ??? ??? Those drops on the Alps are just crazy back of the neck hair raising crazy....

If you have not been watching it, tomorrow is the first staghat you MUST watch.  Three small (but not so small) climbs at the start followed by three MAYOR ones on the second half.  I really hope the announcers were right when they said the favorites were reserving power for tomorrow.  I was not impressed today with all those favorites names that you all mentioned.  No where to be seen today.  Oh well... I am going crazy over this, I can't belive I had never watch this in past years.  Dam it..  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 09:43:57 PM by MrSandPine »

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 08:26:38 AM »
The main contenders know that this is a 3 week race and wait for the perfect times to get a kill. That guy yesterday just wanted his one day glory and he will be totaly fried today! The poor guy was foaming at the mouth. :o

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 09:03:51 AM »
It's more than 1 day of glory. He and many others will always remember his performance. There are many races inside the race. Different strategies for each. Also teams and riders save their legs for when they want to make a move.   
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 04:14:17 PM »
you got a good point there fellas.. just wondering when Discovery is gonna make their move.. I guess George is having a rough go of the Alps.. maybe the Pirinense (spelling) will be better for him...

still to early to tell... good ole Levi had a wreck today :( maybe he'll start his move soon... truth be told, I miss Floyd. Seems like this time last year he started to make things exicting for American cycling. seems like there is no dominant American yet in the mountains.. 

we'll see one soon.

-Bob :)
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Advertisement: