Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Tuesday night ride at hole in the fence?  (Read 4397 times)

scooter

Tuesday night ride at hole in the fence?
« on: July 13, 2007, 02:37:17 PM »
Hey Ya'll, I am new to the forum and was wondering what to expext on the tuesday nite ride. I understand it is unguided, does that mean there is one or several groups riding? I have only ridden either alone or with a couple of friends so I am thinking a B- group might be a good way to get my pedals wet. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
Re: Tuesday night ride at hole in the fence?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:54:48 PM »
There is only one group, as not so many people show up for the night rides. Unguided just means that no-one is a designated guide or sweep- though you will have someone to follow if you don't know your way around. I'm hoping to make it tomorrow night... I've only been to WTA once before so don't follow the guy in the tuxedo :D
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 11:09:52 PM »
There is only one group, as not so many people show up for the night rides. Unguided just means that no-one is a designated guide or sweep- though you will have someone to follow if you don't know your way around. I'm hoping to make it tomorrow night... I've only been to WTA once before so don't follow the guy in the tuxedo :D
RiskEverything,
When was the last time you were there?  I've only missed a few and I never seen you at one.  There are at least 3 groups that we form on Tuesdays.  The fast A/B+ go out.  Then a B/b- starts.  Then a slower B- goes.  Sometimes there is also a C like group that ride with Judy and others.

The rides are not as organized as the Sunday rides but we still have over 30 people coming out.  The great thing about the Tuesday night ride is that most of us do the same trails.  So if you want to  start fast then fall back you may get picked up by another slower group.  But more likely you won't.  The faster groups do more trails on the MB side.  The slower groups stay to one trail usually Misery sometimes just main and get to the Y before the faster ones. 

Just come out and enjoy yourself.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 11:31:22 PM »
Just come out and enjoy yourself.
self? or with the bike?  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 07:34:32 AM »
I was afraid this would happen. Sandpine has been in the woods with himself too much!!!!!!!
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:59:44 AM »
LOL!

That happened a long time ago.......... ;D

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 10:52:03 AM »
Wow, you seem to get a lot more people out to WTA on Tuesdays than we get out to Boyette on Thursdays. That's a bit surprising as Boyette has more going for it (IMHO). I'm really hoping to get out to WTA tonight (to make up for oversleeping last Sunday and not riding Alafia :'( )

Sandpine- I went back in February or March, before I had my Rush or my Tux.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 10:57:38 AM »
Wow, you seem to get a lot more people out to WTA on Tuesdays than we get out to Boyette on Thursdays. That's a bit surprising as Boyette has more going for it (IMHO). I'm really hoping to get out to WTA tonight (to make up for oversleeping last Sunday and not riding Alafia :'( )

boyette would more than likely be a more popular destination if it werent so "in the middle of nowhere" - so by the time people get off work and drive all the way out there, there is not much light left.  then on top of that you have the long ride to get to any of the fun stuff.  you need a good 2 1/2 hours to get the most out of boyette and that means if it is getting dark at 8:30 a 6 pm start.   to most people in the tampa bay area that work a 9-5 that isnt doable because of traffic.

scooter

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 12:28:15 PM »
Sounds good, now I just hope the bottom does'nt drop out like last night! What with a new bike and all we sure would hate to get it dirty :D

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 01:10:15 PM »
I am going to try to make it out tonight as well, as long as it isn't storming! 
Can someone tell me how to get there, and how I will recognize the group?

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 01:13:59 PM »
lots of colorfull spandex

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 01:14:38 PM »

to most people in the tampa bay area that work a 9-5 that isnt doable because of traffic.

And for those who live in Pinellas or beyond - unless you can have your bike and stuff packed and ready to go and be on the road no later than 5:00p.m. to make it to the ride start there's no way of beating the traffic. 
Alternatively the first Saturday of the month we are doing a St. Pete Assault at 5:30 p.m., roll by 5:45/6:00.  Fat tire bikes since about 4 miles of it is off road.  Easy pace, pizza afterwards.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 01:17:06 PM »
I am going to try to make it out tonight as well, as long as it isn't storming! 
Can someone tell me how to get there, and how I will recognize the group?

Take I-75 to Fletcher Exit.  Head East til you see the Trout Creek sign on your left.  Drive just beyond that to the dirt driveway on the right and look for the big group of people, or ask for the SWAMP ride.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 01:19:29 PM »

And for those who live in Pinellas or beyond - unless you can have your bike and stuff packed and ready to go and be on the road no later than 5:00p.m. to make it to the ride start there's no way of beating the traffic. 
Alternatively the first Saturday of the month we are doing a St. Pete Assault at 5:30 p.m., roll by 5:45/6:00.  Fat tire bikes since about 4 miles of it is off road.  Easy pace, pizza afterwards.

this sounds fun

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 01:32:15 PM »
I will be there unless the sky starts to fall like it did last night, I don't mind a little rain, but it was crazy last night.

You will be able to recognize me by looking for a white nissan, a grey Kona hardtail, a fat(ish) guy wearing a yellow or orange swamp jersey.

I should be there before 5:30.

Gregg

Advertisement: