Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Rode the hole tonight.  (Read 1843 times)

scooter

Rode the hole tonight.
« on: July 24, 2007, 10:09:26 PM »
And meet some cool new friends. Gregg and dan great to finally put a face with the place and to ride with you guys, what a great way to spend a Tuesday night. I was suprised by the turn out! what was there like 50 riders?

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: Rode the hole tonight.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:09:16 PM »
Scooter,

Great to meet you, it was a pretty good night for a Mountain Bike ride! The turn out was pretty good. It is usually around that size, sometimes even more.

Benjibad,

Good ride, decent pace, BIG SPLASH!!!!! Just like a 10 year old playing in the mud! WOOHOO! We will do it again. ;D ;D

Sharky,

Glad you made it back! You did better this week, What a difference a bike will make!!! Glad your having fun! :)

Kristy???? Where did you go?  ???

Beercan!!!! Dude's getting thin!!!! Could use a shave though. ;)

Risky, I told you to leave earlier!!!

That big ass puddle was fun!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:15:53 PM by Gregg »

Offline Jersh

• Clipless Mountain Goat
    • Josh O'Donnell Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:20:22 PM »
Sorry I missed it tonight... It's a bummer that my softball league is on Tuesday nights... I'll make it out eventually but it won't be for a few more weeks (unless of course we get rained out).   On the positive side my team is 3-0, first season we've started this good...
Josh O'Donnell Photography
http://www.joshodonnell.com

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 12:07:29 AM »
Geeez Gregg... no props for me huh? I want to go on record here and let everyone know that I will never, ever, ever call Gregg that owful name I was calling him in the other threads.  I seen Gregg's dark side and I don't want to see it again.  Benji is my witness...  Any suggestions on what I should do to get my hearing back on the left ear where you rang my bell with that biatch slap you gave me?

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 06:15:39 AM »
the best way I have found to get rid of anything is to stop whining about it and drive on!  :c)  Or you could just wait till the opportune moment and put a stick in his spokes.

GReat ride tonight, I think we could have gone a bit faster, oh well next time. We can wave at Sandpine as we pass him
:c)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:28:20 AM by benjibbad »
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

Offline kristyleigh

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 06:44:03 AM »
Hi Gregg... Rob and I wanted to pick up the pace a little but somehow ended up on Panther. I had never been on that side of the park. Looks like that trail doesn't get a whole lot of traffic. Also, last night was my first ride clipped in and I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of you guys, but hey no spills!!

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 08:24:21 AM »
The trails were packed and in great shape.  We took off and hit every trail on the Morris Bridge side except Gator Bait and Indian for muddy reasons.  Tying in Sinkhole was a fun diversion that made people work to hang on.  We hit 16 mph going into there.  It was great to get out and crank it up like that during the week.  We skipped Panther and Squiggy thinking it would be pretty wet and muddy.
When we got back to parking Rick Thompsons car had two windows smashed out.  A couple guys making their way back from their ride came across the road at that very moment and scared them off.  It was two black guys in a silver PT Cruiser, so be on the look out for suspicious looking vehicles hanging around.  Apparently they drove to the end of that dirt road and turned around then stopped at his car, jumped out, and smashed the windows. Would have been nice for the group to have rolled up on them as they were in the act!

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:52:09 AM »
I had a blast last night!  I did lose both of my pedals though..  cheap plastic pedals!  Now I have an excuse to replace my bike!  hahaha.

Scooter - THANK YOU FOR THE SEAT!  I didn't have time to put it on before the ride, but you are a lifesaver, and one hell of a nice guy! 

And to all the folks I met at Beefs afterwards...  It was nice meeting you!  I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one here!  haha.

Offline 41ants

• First Bike
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 11:53:27 AM »
The trails were packed and in great shape.  We took off and hit every trail on the Morris Bridge side except Gator Bait and Indian for muddy reasons.  Tying in Sinkhole was a fun diversion that made people work to hang on.  We hit 16 mph going into there.  It was great to get out and crank it up like that during the week.  We skipped Panther and Squiggy thinking it would be pretty wet and muddy.
When we got back to parking Rick Thompsons car had two windows smashed out.  A couple guys making their way back from their ride came across the road at that very moment and scared them off.  It was two black guys in a silver PT Cruiser, so be on the look out for suspicious looking vehicles hanging around.  Apparently they drove to the end of that dirt road and turned around then stopped at his car, jumped out, and smashed the windows. Would have been nice for the group to have rolled up on them as they were in the act!

That really does suck.  I was out there last night and thought I wouldn't have to worry too much about someone messing with cars, given how close to the main road the parking is located (Morris Bridge).

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 12:03:15 PM »
It is not safe anywhere...  We may thing that safety in numbers is a good thing but it didn't matter Tuesday night.  There must've been over 20 vehicles out there.  I was two cars away from Rick's.  They wanted to get into his car and they did.  Good thing someone rode in on them but they had already smashed his windows.  He was parked past the entrance to hole in the fence where if you drive by on MB road you may not see it since is down under the trees.  From now on, I am parking over by the pay post where it is more visible.  Too bad I can't enjoy the shade of the trees.

The only thing you can do is minimize the odds against you.  Lock your car and enable your alarm.  Don't leave anything valuable or visible.  Don't take all your gear with you and leave it in plain view.  Just don't take it period.  Take only what you are going use in the ride.  You all know the drill.....

Advertisement: