Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: tonight.. 7/26  (Read 2233 times)

Offline kristyleigh

• Huffy Rider
tonight.. 7/26
« on: July 26, 2007, 03:09:22 PM »
does anyone want to do a ride at hole in the fence? b/b- pace. let me know!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: tonight.. 7/26
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 03:39:20 PM »
I just sent you a PM. I might been interested.

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 05:11:57 PM »
You two are troopers!!!

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 12:21:17 AM »
About 8 of us rode Aladia Thursday night. Gabrielle showed off her new Rush 3 and Nikki showed off her new Stumpjumper. We ran into a guy named Albert who was out on a Jeep Cherokee bike and was really doing very well.

It would be nice to get more people out on the Thursday night Boyette/Alafia rides... you know you want to!
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 06:28:33 AM »
Is Nikki the girl who pulled her bike off of her car at boyette last week and realised her fork was broken in half? She had a stump jumper and said she was going to get a new one soon.

scooter

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 09:36:13 AM »
What time ya'll ridin?

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 10:08:37 AM »
...It would be nice to get more people out on the Thursday night Boyette/Alafia rides... you know you want to!
They are nice... Sorry Risky, we traded our MTB Thursday night ride for a rush of asphalt ride yesterday.  About six of us that normally go to the Thursday Boyette/Alafia rides went the skinnies instead.  We had a group of about 15 Swampers doing road.  Funny how get about 8-10 do to an MTB ride on THursday but we get over about 15 for a road ride instead.  LOL....

As forrest called us... we are no closet mountain bikers!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:11:09 AM by MrSandPine »

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 10:10:27 AM »
...It would be nice to get more people out on the Thursday night Boyette/Alafia rides... you know you want to!
They are nice... Sorry Risky, we traded our MTB Thursday night ride for a rush of asphalt yesterday.  About six of us that normally go to the Thursday Boyette/Alafia ride went the skinnies instead.  We had a group of about 15 Swampers doing skinny.  Funny how get about 8-10 do to an MTB ride on THursday but we get over about 15 for a road ride instead.  LOL....

As forrest called us... we are no closet mountain bikers!

you closet mtbers need to come ride the BWW skinny ride on tuesday nights - there is a lot of "glory" to be had

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »
you closet mtbers need to come ride the BWW skinny ride on tuesday nights - there is a lot of "glory" to be had

I would love to the BWW ride but I am too attached to the Tuesday night MTB Swamp ride.  For over almost two years I look forward to Tuesdays to ride the evening or do the night ride in the Fall on Tuesday.  I wish the BWW ride would be in another day.  When we do our flatwoods ride we also practice our sprints toward the Y on the last lap around.  we hit 28+ easily...  Last night I hit 28.2 following Big John on the sprint.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3460249

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 10:34:02 AM »
Is Nikki the girl who pulled her bike off of her car at boyette last week and realised her fork was broken in half? She had a stump jumper and said she was going to get a new one soon.
Yes.

Also, given the choice between a fat tire ride and a skinny tire ride, I would take the fat tire anytime, I enjoy riding my road bike, but I love riding a mountain bike.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 10:39:10 AM »
like i said before - i love riding my mtb much better - but i have performance goals that doing the skinny tire training will help me achieve much faster.

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 12:30:01 PM »

Also, given the choice between a fat tire ride and a skinny tire ride, I would take the fat tire anytime, I enjoy riding my road bike, but I love riding a mountain bike.

sometimes i wonder.. the last month i rode 15 times.. only 3 where on my mountain bike  ::)  .. i know im training but lately i have had a blast on my road bike.. lots of fast rides its been fun....

-bob  :o
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 06:03:02 PM »
I agree with bob. But the last time I went out to ride my mtb I feel like I am getting a little soft so I am going to start hitting Reddick every chance I get.   Reddick tomorrow!! 8)

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 06:11:49 PM »
Yes. Well that is good to hear that she got a her new bike. I would hate for anyone to miss many ride days..  Hey Greg were you out there that night?

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 06:45:14 PM »
No, I was going tho ride road at Flatwoods, but at the last minute decided the Kona needed me to get it muddy. ;D ;D  So I did. :)  I am starting to feel stronger, maybe getting back to 90% pre-injury strength. Maybe?

Advertisement: