Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Reddick  (Read 1942 times)

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Reddick
« on: July 29, 2007, 09:04:25 AM »
 Rode reddick yesterday and the trails are in awsome shape. It always suprises me at how much effort that trail takes to ride. I would like to start riding there every saturday until the race season starts so if anyone wants to head up that way just let me know. 8)

scooter

Re: Reddick
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 01:49:50 PM »
I have never ben to Reddick, what are the trails like? Is this an XC race site? Saturdays work better than Sunday for me and I would like to check it out.

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 03:24:05 PM »
Riddick is like Alafia meets Santos with no chance of a break lol. My first time there I bonked shortly after passing The Big Gulp.... it was a long ride out. I'm really looking forward to riding there again and bringing more munchies. Think 12 miles of RollerCoaster. It's a bit of a drive, but I might join ya for a ride or two Chisel.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 05:38:03 PM »
sounds like a blast.  I need to get my wife into it so that I have an excuse to drive 2 hours just to go riding.  I am in the process of building up her bike.
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 06:58:27 PM »
Sounds good! Now we just need to get a few more heads to man up and come out for the workout of their life! Factore, give it a re-try??? ;D

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 06:59:56 PM »
 :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ hmmmm.  When?

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »
i def need a retry - i need to do that as well as a few other training runs- i have three races on the calender so far - i am getting a good weekend of practice at dauset the weekend after next - doing the 12 hours of dauset - 13 of santos and the trail to trail thing at carter (i have yet to go to carter)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 08:11:01 PM »
Reddicks get my respects all around.  No other place has made feel more humble for difficultness.  I know I am just a whimp but it realy kicked my butt the one and only time I tried it.  I told myself I would not return until I am able to conquer all the red at Santos and Moonscape at Alafia.  I really don't think is 12 Rollercosters.  I have no problems with rollercoster and could probably do it 12 times.  On the Red trails of Santos, I just don't get enough practice on them.  Today, they were really wet and muddy.  Moonscape, well let's just say it wasn't pretty the one and only time I been on it.  I would say Reddick is more like John Brown and Ant Hill.  Specially around the rock pit.

My respects to all of you who can ride Reddick without stoping or putting your foot down.  You're technical riding skills are definetely way up there.  But again, this is coming from me.. the whimp, who's named after the difficultness of the easiest trail in Alafia.      ;D :D :D

For those that have never been to Reddick, by all means, go try it.  Form your own opinions.  I really enjoyed the flat sections and inner loop.

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 10:18:04 PM »
saturdays are not good days for me.. i wish you guys would ride on sundays...  see you cats on tuesday night.. 8) been lookin forward to this one.

here lately i have been out on davis island two nights a week and tuesday with you cats..  should be fun!

=Bob
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 10:39:57 PM »
Bob - i cant quite get the top speed of the 813 guys, but i can get you a 30mph lead out to try and get you a sprint win - haha

tuesday should be fun

Offline jpap2002

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 08:26:58 PM »
Rode Santos Sat, had a great time. The trails were choice. Hard and fast, just the way we like it. I have yet to try Reddick but have been ridding all over the state, Tom Brown park in Tallahassee has been a favorite to ride. Some say Reddick is Tom Brown park on JUICE. Well I am down for a Saturday ride. See the night riders tomorrow. Time to play............

Advertisement: