Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Jerseys and uniforms  (Read 4523 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Jerseys and uniforms
« on: August 01, 2007, 06:33:39 AM »
Any of you bike riding foo's have peculiar tastes when it comes to riding your bikes and what you like to wear? For example, I don't like to wear  a sleeveless jersey while riding the trails, I will if it is a chill ride only. I like the security of having cloth on my shoulder in case I have to go into one of my award winning tuck  and roll moves. So far, I haven't gone with spandex shorts on the trails but will probably try that soon to see if I can gain any more speed. Other than functionanlity of the clothing I don't care too much about matching outfits. I think they look nice but I usually wear mis-matched socks and  the shorts/shirt that are usually not color co-ordintaed. I do have a an older Ellsworth jersey that is my nicest piece of bike clothing and whenever I wear that it makes feel pretty good, sporting the official jersey and all. Have recently been buying more bike clothing  but used to always feel like a rag man out there with my old and wore out stuff compared to some riders out there decked out with all the latest.   Will biking fashion ever get as big as skiing? There is alot of really nice bike clothes out there. Warm up jackets, rain gear, cold weather gear, after ride lounging gear, different temperature gear. Get it on clearance sale I guess and slowly collect.  8)
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Jerseys and uniforms
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:04:07 AM »
Some of the clothes I have seen you on the trail in made me worried I would be spotted with you! :o The one that gets me the most is that tennis ball looking shirt that you wear with the blue shorts and mis matched socks! Man you would never make it in L. A.! ;D ;D

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:23:34 AM »
Kazakastan maybe.  Definitely not South Beach stuff. I like that shirt. $5 bucks  for a coolmax tee shirt jersey. I think I can make it in LA though, not for fashion but comedic videos !!!!       ;D ;D  ;D (inside joke)
" Not this time, Lance"

scooter

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 07:40:59 AM »
This is kind of on the subject, I just found 2006 fox high frequency baggy shorts on line for $59 and free shipping. I think the site is greenfrog but if you are interested goole the fox HF. These things usually sell for $85. I payed full price for a pair of the mid ranger shorts and my only gripe with them is they only have velcro pockets where as these HF shorts have zippers(Hey where did my keys go?).

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:45:57 AM »
I don't like the baggy shorts.  I have a pair of Fox baggy and they will catch the seat when I want to get behind it going downhill.  As far as the shirt and mismatch socks, we are not roadies.  :P  Well, not all of us. ;D
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:47:29 AM »
i like bibs w/swamp jersey for the trails and bibs w/swamp jersey for the road (i have to fly the mtb colors when i am on the road)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 11:07:33 AM »
someday i hope to be part of some team though.  i ride with such envy when i am riding with the 813 racing guys in their fancy red jerseys

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 12:19:29 PM »
I ride with baggies almost all the time on the trail. My favorite pair is a some C-dale ones I picked up almost 2 years ago, with removable liners. Then I bought a couple of real nice spandex shorts to wear with them. These shorts also have a pair of straps to pull the crotch area up so it doesn't get caught on the seat. I tried doing just spandex a few times, but they always snagged on the front of the seat, so I quit trying that. If I get caught I'd rather it be behind the seat where I can just fall over.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 05:39:56 PM »
I picked up a couple of those short sleeved Champion running shirts from Target when they were on sale for $9.99.  They work great in the heat and are a fraction of the cost of one of those big baller jerseys.  For shorts I have a couple pair of Nike "gym shorts" (basically they are like swim trunks).  Thinking about add shorts w/crotch pad though.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 05:57:55 PM »

Alan wrote:  For shorts I have a couple pair of Nike "gym shorts" (basically they are like swim trunks). 

Bike shorts make a big difference when riding. I really think they are worth the money, either spandex or MTB baggies. The padding is well worth it.

FactorE wrote:  i ride with such envy when i am riding with the 813 racing guys in their fancy red jerseys

Yeah right! The sarcasm is dripping off that post!!!  However,  being the compliment whore that I am, thanks!!  ;D I'm ordering new jerseys so let me know. Around 60.00 a piece  (depends on printer/maker costs). Ordering summery mesh inserts jerseys, full zipper in front, three pockets in rear, elastic at arms and bottom. They are going to be the performance ultra jerseys. Red/black look like last time.

Stumpjumper wrote:  As far as the shirt and mismatch socks, we are not roadies. 

I'll tell you this, since riding the road bike this year, I am more concerned about looking good. Especially once you put those bibs on. Pretty self conscious about how you look. I justgot my first pair of spandex pants and I think I'm going to like these more than the bibs.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 08:08:52 PM »
These new shorts dont have much * pad!  :-\

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 08:46:09 PM »
So go get  yourself a dozen donuts!!!
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 08:51:03 PM »
XXXL - put me down for one (if they only do XXL that is ok)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 08:56:42 PM »
Is it hard to get a triple xtra large?
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 09:02:40 PM »