Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: 2007 Race season almost here!!!  (Read 4120 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
2007 Race season almost here!!!
« on: August 04, 2007, 07:55:57 PM »
       8)
       The races will begin in mid-September. Who is ready and who will be partaking in the greatest show on dirt? Bikes of all types. ages and colors will be lined up in Tallahassee for the opening round of the Florida State Championship race series, USAC  sponsored. Now is the time to start preparing. Many of you have been riding tons of miles. This will be the time to show it off, the stamina, the speed, the climbing power, the ability to chase down the rider in front  of you, Glory is within reach, who will reach out and lay claim to it?
       For meeee, it's time to start riding again, get off the couch and begin my race preparations. 3 months off has not done the body good. Been getting weaker and weaker every ride and now I have to turn that around. The bike will be getting race prepped this week. A new drive train is in the works and then I will focus on choosing and setting up my race tires for the season. Last year was rough having had to race half the season on an old Giant XTC hardtail. This year hopefully there won't any flat tires or mechanicals.                                                                                                                                                                              Now if I can only get motivated to start riding and exercising. I plan on racing XC3 40 -49. If I get myself in strong race condition, I will step down and race XC3 30-39 or XC2 40-49. If I drop into  a lower age bracket then I will be able to line up with other 813 Racers. 
                                Yeee-haahhhh!!!                                    GLORY!!!!

Who will be out there representing?   !!!!!!
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Re: 2007 Race season almost here!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 09:03:29 AM »
You dont want any of my class son! We will put a hurting on you that you will never forget! ;D

Offline SmartRider

• Huffy Rider
  • Me
    • My Work
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 09:39:13 AM »
Great post..

Can you tell me where to find more info on the races? Web? I've been working out on my bike and treadmill to get myself ready some hard hitting trails.   ;D

Thanks,
-Andrew
Unyielding Single Track is your Friend

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 09:45:33 AM »
i cant wait - XC-4 if i do good there, bump up to XC-C3 then next year if i lose enough weight XC-3(40-49)

this is going to be a fun race season

scooter

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 01:21:44 PM »
Hey, just to echo what smartrider said, where can we get some more info? Dates, classes, course style or layout? Thanks.

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 02:39:41 PM »
You guys can check out www.goneriding.com.  They've got a lot of information on the upcoming races.  It looks like there is already a good handful of SWAMPERs, including myself, getting ready for the 13 Hours of Santos.  Should be a lot of fun.  Good luck to everybody this race season. ;D
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 03:13:44 PM »
Chisel wrote : You dont want any of my class son! We will put a hurting on you that you will never forget! 
Posted on: Yesterday at 07:55:57 PMPosted by: EllsRider 

What he didn't say was that the last two times we have ridden the reds out at Santos he went down each time, re-acquainting himself with the terra firma. Each time, right in front of me as we worked our way through the technical rock sections he wiped out.  If I race in his class and he goes down in front of me like that, he's going to get the Ells insignia on his back as I run him over.  ;D  He might be stronger and faster but it takes all that and skill  and a good ride to win.    ;D 
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 03:19:08 PM »
FactorE, are you eligible to ride in the 40 -49 class?? Riders may ride in classes beneath their class but may not ride in classes higher than theirs. Does not apply for the teenager classes. For example, a 22 year old may not race on the 30 -39 class, but a 32 yr. old may race in the 20 -30 class. 
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 05:25:18 PM »
The only reason I fell was because the tree I was leaning on waiting for you broke! ;D

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 05:54:34 PM »
Yeah, OK. Thats funny!!! Congratulations. Not true, but funny. ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 06:18:28 PM »
i am 40 - turn 41 on the 15th so i can ride that class

Offline SmartRider

• Huffy Rider
  • Me
    • My Work
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 07:21:08 PM »
You guys can check out www.goneriding.com.  They've got a lot of information on the upcoming races.  It looks like there is already a good handful of SWAMPERs, including myself, getting ready for the 13 Hours of Santos.  Should be a lot of fun.  Good luck to everybody this race season. ;D

Jimbo.. Thank You !!.. that is a great site, I would say I'm XC-4 or what ever the novice program is for 34 years old..

I see that you go to Santos a lot.. we should connect.. I've been wanting to ride there for a while now.

Andrew
Unyielding Single Track is your Friend

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 08:13:59 PM »
What class would a 26 y/o that has never raced be in?

And what chance would I have at finishing even 6 hours at Santos ???
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 10:30:36 PM »
Andrew, drop me a PM whenever you'd like to go to Santos.  It's a great trail system with a variety of trails.  I'd love to show around.

Risky, I have faith that you would be able to complete the 6 hours.  Start training NOW to get your endurance up.  That's what I've been doing the past couple of weeks.  I'm doing the relay, not the solo thing.  Good luck! ;D
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 07:08:47 AM »
Riskeverything,  XC4 20-30 for first timers. If you are a strong rider then I would go XC3 20-30, unless  you are thinking about grabbing some XC4 GLORY!!!!!    ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Advertisement: