Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: ATTN: Garry  (Read 1478 times)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
ATTN: Garry
« on: August 07, 2007, 09:29:51 AM »
i see that you are a part of the St pete bike club - i have done that AM ride several times now (tuesday/wed/ thursday)  at a point in the ride a group has bailed out to go to some bridge - what bridge are they riding too and how far is it?  I never go that way because i am on time constraints...i have to be at work at 9am - so i dont want to take a 2 hour detour.

also wed turnouts for that ride are pretty thin - is it always way busier on tuesdays and thursdays?

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: ATTN: Garry
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 09:49:22 AM »
Do you mean when they turn at the light at 38th Ave S.?  If so, they go over the Coqiuna Key bridge, head to the back of the island, then come back out on the 45th Ave. S. bridge to head South down 4th St.  Usually a little faster group does this cut and it only adds a few miles to the ride.  Having to work at 9:00 you must do the 7:00 a.m. ride.  I never make that one.  I catch the 8:30, or if I'm running a few minutes late I rip through the gears to catch up.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:51:03 AM »
yea - i am doing the early ride - maybe i will see you when you are coming and i am going...lol

i will try that bridge route next time if it isnt adding too much on

are there any afterwork rides going on in the area?

any night but tuesday - i <3 the BWW

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
They do a Tuesday or Wednesday evening ride I think, but I don't think it's too organized.  From what I hear they put the hammer down though.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
it is easy to find hammer fests in st pete - i am not good at 27 mph plus rides (unless it is all down hill with wind at my back)

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:11:42 PM »
Those hammer-fests are tough in this heat and humidity we are having now.  I know I have hit some of the 24/26 rides and then we end up throwing some sprints in there as well.  Man, talk about needing recovery afterwards!  I tend to try and hang with the 22's.  But still some of the guys can't help but turn it up.

Advertisement: