Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Unauthorized Trail Work  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Unauthorized Trail Work
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:08:16 PM »
It seems that there is someone, or some people taking it upon themselves to remove certain aspects of some of the trails.  The latest is Panther at Trout Creek.  Someone removed some roots that are part of what defines that trail.  A while back it was Coconut Grove.  SST at Boyette had a root taken out too. 

The trails are designed with certain difficulties built into them.  If a rider finds it too hard to practice and master the skills needed to ride a particular trail, then that said rider should ride a different trail. 

If it is a matter of a safety issue and riders are getting hurt, then it should be brought to the attention of the Trail Boss for that particular trail system and due process will determine if it needs to be corrected, or if the difficulty rating for that trail needs to be changed.

It is one thing for anyone to take it upon themselves to trim back eye gougers, overgrowth, and fallen debris.  It is another thing altogether to go in and start removing obstacles that were left in the trail that makes that trail what it is.  There again - if a rider can't ride that trail, then they should ride another trail instead.  There are other options in all of the trail systems.

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
Re: Unauthorized Trail Work
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:18:12 AM »
It sucks that people are doing this. I went the the Flatwoods group ride for the first time in months and I could practically ride it with my eyes closed.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Advertisement: