Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Carter Road on Saturday afternoon (8-11)  (Read 1661 times)

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
Carter Road on Saturday afternoon (8-11)
« on: August 10, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »
I'll be in Lakeland tomorrow afternoon and plan on bringing my bike and riding Loyce E Harpe park off Carter Road around 4PM. Anyone else want to go?
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
Re: Carter Road on Saturday afternoon (8-11)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:25:46 PM »
Sorry, can't we're doing the last big chunk of the sprinkler system tomorrow. I had wanted to go to Santos but I get to do some digging :P
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 06:40:04 AM »
We will be there at around 9 this morning.

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 08:24:08 AM »
I have to be up ther to fly 1-3PM, so I won't be there in the morning. If you're still there by 4m I'll see ya.

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 10:20:02 PM »
Ya'll missed a good ride today. It was like a furnace outside when I got to the park, and drinking a quart of chocolate milk on the way was perhaps not my brightest idea ever. When I got there, there were two guys cooling off and getting ready to go out riding again. They were sporting a Jekyl 2000 and a Scalpel. It was like a Lefty convention ;D

I went to ride with them, but they just took off cruising and I couldn't keep up. Not being warmed up and the chocolate milk churning in my stomache, combined with the heat (that usually doesn't bother me), had me taking it slow and easy for most of the first loop. I saw another guy on a Scalpel and two more people on Rushes while I was there, so I assume the local dealers are doing good business.

During my second loop the clouds moved in and gave some shade. They stuck around too (and poured on my on my drive home). On my way back from the second loop I came across a couple (Mike and Cindy) from Stuart who's son lives in Lakeland. They had rode Alafia earlier and were riding Carter before heading home. They were taking it easy so I rode a third loop with them. I was debating a fourth when I got a cramp in my side and called it quits, showered off and headed home. The sky let loose right as I was leaving the park.

Tomorrow I'm riding Santos. I have to pick up Jeep parts in Bellview and try to memorize as much of that trails system as I can.

Advertisement: