Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Can't locate certain trails at Boyette  (Read 1967 times)

Offline scubastud

• Huffy Rider
Can't locate certain trails at Boyette
« on: August 10, 2007, 11:46:21 PM »
I was given a really old trail map at Boyette that didn't show Pandemonium and the others in that area. Because I normally go straight from North to South Abyss, I never realized there was other trails there.

However, I'm having difficulties locating Sidewinder which appears to lead you to SWAMP thing, Garry's Loop, and Wood's Trail. I rode up and down the access/fire road that you find Pandemonium on but couldn't find where to pick up Sidewinder. I went up a small trails that took you near some barb wire fence.......followed that down and it appears there was a trail there at one point. Lots of overgrown brush, large leaves....very obvious that it's no longer ridden.

Are the following trails in question still being ridden? I'm going to assume I just missed the trails somehow......can anyone shed some light and elaborate on the difficulty of

Sidewinder
SWAMP Thing
Garry's Loop
Mountain Trail

Thanks so much in advance.
"Life is short so break the rules and never regret anything that made you smile..."

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Can't locate certain trails at Boyette
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 07:36:43 AM »
Are the following trails in question still being ridden? I'm going to assume I just missed the trails somehow......can anyone shed some light and elaborate on the difficulty of

Sidewinder
SWAMP Thing
Garry's Loop
Mountain Trail

These trails on the new map are not opened yet, and three of them still need to be marked.  The County was in such a hurry to have an updated map that I just submitted it without the trails being finished.

We needs lots of help to get these trails built.  Todays workday will involve a lot of work with only 12 volunteers RSVP'd to show up.  Sad number considering we have almost 500 members in the club.

At any rate, once we finally finish these new trails I will post a notice for all to come ride them.

Thank you to all who have given their time to help make SWAMP trails what they are.

Garry

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
Re: Can't locate certain trails at Boyette
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 05:31:23 PM »
Sorry to hear about the low numbers Garry, I'll take on a note on the calendar for the next work day at Boyette.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Advertisement: