Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Thank you!!!  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Paul and Jessie

• Forum Newbie
Thank you!!!
« on: August 13, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »
So, being the adventurous (albeit slightly overzealous) people that we are, my husband and I woke up Sunday morning and decided to go biking.

Problem.  We had no bikes.  So after some quick research online and a trip to several stores to find the bikes we wanted, and a trip to Dick's to get some clothes for the trip, we were off!  At around 3:30 we got to Hillsborough State Park off of I-75 and Fletcher.  With not a care in the world, we set off on a bike trail.  How hard could it be?  It's a Park!  Parks just have ducks and people grilling.  Right?  ...right?

...4 hours and 14 miles later we were quite sure that we were lost.  Paul had a flat, I was weak in the knees, and there was a lightening storm approaching.  Chalk one up to oblivious inexperience.  Our hero came in the form of one of your members (i didn't get his name... i should be ashamed) who gave us a map, showed us how to get back to our car, and pumped up Paul's flat tire.  Because of him we were able to get back to the road and find a ranger who loaded us up into his truck exactly half a minute before it started absolutely *pouring*.

So, whoever you are - THANK you SO much for your help!  We got home safe and absolutely exhilarated.  Next time... trust me... we'll be better prepared.  (note to self:  never underestimate a "park".)

Thanks again!  You guys are a great group of people!!!

:)

Jessie

scooter

Re: Thank you!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 03:14:24 PM »
Hey jesse, this really is an exceptional group. You and paul should come out Tuesday night for the group ride. They leave at 6:30 P.M. sharp there at Morris bridge and I-75 on the South side dirt parking lot. You will see a large group of 40 to 50 riders who group up according to the pace they intend to ride. Get there a little early and introduce yourself as begineers and someone will place you with the C group, which is a slow pace with stops every couple of miles as well as a leader and a sweeper to make sure no one is left behind. Welcome to a wonderful way to get and stay fit. Scott.

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
Re: Thank you!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:47:51 PM »
I'll 2nd Scooters comments!  I too came in as a total Newbie and have been welcomed to the group with open arms.  I've improved every ride, and have yet to feel embarassed by my inexperience because of the warm welcome and helpful attitudes!

You'll find that all Swampers are enthusiasts and willing to help out whenever they can!

Advertisement: