Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Thanks to Garry, Humberto & members of the "A-Team" last night  (Read 1204 times)

Offline sideshow3

• First Bike
I got a late start on the Tuesday Night Ride last night and was trying to catch up to the rest of the group.  Suddenly, a mean, old branch ambushed me several miles into the Main Trail.  It maliciously wedged itself between my rear wheel spokes and my derailleur.  Needless to say, my ride came to an abrupt stop.  The derailleur was bent at a 90 degree angle sticking through the spokes and a section of the chain was twisted.  I tried to bend it back, but it would not budge.   Since just changing a tube already pushes the limits of my mechanical skills, I knew that I was royally screwed.  The walk back to the parking area was not going to be fun.

Just then, the cavalry came charging through.  It was the A-Riders!  Nearly everyone in their group asked if things were okay as they passed by me.  Garry, Humberto and several other guys circled back to help me.  They managed to remove the destroyed derailleur, shorten the chain and convert my bike to a single-speed in a matter of minutes.  They did all this while braving a vicious onslaught of very thirsty mosquitoes.  Because of them, I was able to ride my bike (slowly) back to the parking area instead of having to walk it.

I want to express my thanks and extreme gratitude to all those who helped me out last night.  You guys are all awesome!  I can't tell you enough how much I appreciated your help.  I'm here to say that SWAMP Club members are some of the greatest folks around.   :)     

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Thanks to Garry, Humberto & members of the "A-Team" last night
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:09:36 PM »
that's some pretty good guys there.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:26:49 PM »
Where's Garry, I need to give him an applaud for this. They are a bunch of quality guys, fast too.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 10:54:04 PM »
Where's Garry, I need to give him an applaud for this. They are a bunch of quality guys, fast too.

Right here.  No problem.  Happy to have helped.

Advertisement: