Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette Thursday  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Boyette Thursday
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:45:57 PM »
Had a good ride at Boyette tonight.  When I got there people were already out on the trails.  Forrest showed up as I was ready to hit the trails.  Just a few minutes in and my bike was squeaking too much to enjoy the ride, so back to parking I went to quiet things down a bit.  That done I was feeling good having the rhythm to move effortlessly through SST.
I caught up to Nikki at Gator Pit and she seemed to be having a good ride.  We chatted a bit, then I was off to conquer Golfcart and the Abyss followed by Pandemonium.  These were fun and I was feeling good!  I saw a few more folks at the benches as I needed to have witnesses that I didn't quite make it up the pavers by the bench.  Before my legs caught up with what I was doing I was off to Pandemonium.  Whew!  That newest climb needs work!  Fun section!
Hooking up with Sean, Brian, Gabrielle, Scott and a few others - we made it over to the quadrants.  A tree in there grabbed my Camelbak and catapulted me to the ground.  Too bad Sean didn't have a Helmet Cam because that would have been awesome footage of me tossed in the air then on the ground.  Thank you Sean for not totally running over me! 
Back on the bike blasting though the North Quadrants was like some kind of slippery amusement ride.  Fun, tight, where's the next turn kind of ride.  Fun!
Great ride folks.  Glad that I made it and caught up with ya'll.

Garry

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Re: Boyette Thursday
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 06:29:34 AM »
The Quadrants were great. Would have liked to see you being ripped off the bike. Stuff like that you never forget and you get the bonus because you weren't hurt. You were tearing it up leading everybody through the quadrants. As if they aren't  treacherous enough when you ride them fast, visibility was low being dusk and that made it even better. Glad I was following and not leading because I would have been off into the trees on those turns. Good ride!!!!   ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 07:06:52 AM »
Yes, I had a good ride too fellas! I love riding those quadrants fast! It was a little dark but that also meant it was a little cool which works fine for me! ;)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 08:33:01 AM »
i had fun even though i was riding with my tongue out the whole time and got thrown off the bike 4 times...it was a rough one but i can't complain, i was out on my bike after all.

scooter

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 04:58:07 PM »
This was my first venture to Boyette and it was well worth the price of admisson ;D Had great guides in Brian, Sean and Gabrielle, thanks for keeping me out of trouble! I have to say I was hooked on Alafia but after riding the abyss and pandemonium, I am torn between the two. The trails at Boyette just seem to have a nice natural flow to them kinda like the whoops section at Alafia only more non stop. Fun stuff. Met some cool swampers too, hey Garry, Forrest and Nikki!

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:13:53 PM »
I had a great time at Boyette last night. I rode Alafia 1:30-4:40 and then drove over. I was already warmed up for the ride and ready to roll!

Gabrielle can really handle her bike at speed and made me push myself to keep up with her. She really got in a groove and rocketed through Golf Cart. I managed not to do anything stupid in the Abyss or Pandemonium, so it was an improvement over last weekend. The big news for me was finally taking on Big Drop. The first time I went down the descent fairly smoothly, but couldn't do the climb out due to Gump lying in the trail. The second time I did worse on the descent (I think I worried Scooter, who was watching), but got to the top of the climb.

Then I managed to get Scott and I lost very quickly in the Quadrants. One moment I was right behind Gabrielle and the next... going back the way I just came  ??? Some better trail markers there would be extremely helpful. Eventually we got out of West (?) Quadrant and down the road in time to catch the group exiting North Quadrant and followed them into Palmetto cable.

Definately worth the price of admission ;D
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 11:28:15 PM »
When I saw Garry get pulled off his bike I thought we were calling the ambulance for sure.  It looked to me like the limb caught him on his neck.  Thankfully it caught his pack.  He was flying for sure.  I did notice he used his body to protect his bike from damage.  Way to go Garry glad you have your priorities in order  ;D

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Advertisement: