Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Who's ridin the hole tonight?  (Read 2959 times)

scooter

Who's ridin the hole tonight?
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »
What's up ya'll? Looking forward to some good weather tonight for the group ride. Who's riding tonight?

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
Re: Who's ridin the hole tonight?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 12:37:23 PM »
So, how many riders usually show up for this ride?  I was thinking of doing some road this evening, but hitting the dirt sounds like fun.  Start time is 6pm? 
Rick

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 02:01:05 PM »
This ride draws anywhere from 25 to 50 plus depending on weather. It looks like it will be clear tonight so there should be a bunch of people there.  Hope to see you there. :)

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 03:55:09 PM »
Wow...that's a nice group!  If the radar looks ok...I'll see ya guys there.  I'll be in a white Yukon with a white GF Hi-Fi on the back...please come over and say "Hi".
Rick

scooter

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 04:16:33 PM »
Hey egmuni, the ride leaves at 6:30 sharp. Hope to see you out there.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »
NO The ride leaves at 6 oclock................................

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 04:31:36 PM »
NO The ride leaves at 6 oclock................................

and sometimes 5:55 GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

scooter

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 04:35:13 PM »
Dang, what was I thinking! Thanks Gregg I would have been late!

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
I am leaving in 10 minutes!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
Re: Who rode the hole tonight?
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 09:57:13 PM »
Sharky, Scooter,

Great ride!!!!  20.06 miles!  See you Thursday.

Egmuni, Good to meet you!

FactorE....disapeared. you ok?

Garry, put an extra link in your bag before you go to bed tonight.

Sleep well.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 09:58:52 PM »
yea - i road with the faster group tonight until they buried me on heartbreak ridge...then i limped in with Sandpine...we did 18 miles 14 of which i road with my tongue out.

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 11:29:45 PM »
It was nice meeting everyone, Gregg,BeerCan,Scooter,Sharky,Sandpine,Factore,Garry...am I missing anyone ;D!  Had a great ride, although I'm POOPED! Man, it seemed like the afterburners kicked in when we got into Flatwoods...WHEW! When we came out of the center, I thought we were heading back into Troutcreek...then those guys turned right onto Panther. I couldn't hang anymore...I was hurting! So, I shot straight to the levee and cruised it all the way back to MB. Man, those 21 miles felt like I just did a century on the road.  I'm going to sleep good tonight! ;) 
Rick

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 12:02:43 AM »
It was nice meeting everyone, Gregg,BeerCan,Scooter,Sharky,Sandpine,Factore,Garry...am I missing anyone ;D!  Had a great ride, although I'm POOPED! Man, it seemed like the afterburners kicked in when we got into Flatwoods...WHEW! When we came out of the center, I thought we were heading back into Troutcreek...then those guys turned right onto Panther. I couldn't hang anymore...I was hurting! So, I shot straight to the levee and cruised it all the way back to MB. Man, those 21 miles felt like I just did a century on the road.  I'm going to sleep good tonight! ;) 

It was a good ride tonight.  Seems Tuesday rides have turned into "Hammer Fests".  Must be the upcoming races!  Good luck to all who have entered.  When's the next training ride?  I have an energetic road ride in the morning, then ???

G

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 07:13:23 AM »

it was nice meeting you as well.  you hung on to the pack a bit longer than i did...great job

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »
Rick,
What a way to meet you.  As you almost buzz my ear as I was on the ground eating the dirt.  ;D ;D ;D  Thanks for not running over me at the top of Ant Hill (Mt. Morris Bridge) by the pits.  I got caught on the root at the top and the little speed I had, I couldn't unclip so I tumbled down as if it was my first ride on clips.  LOL...  Oh well, we all have those moments.  Don't be fooled, they normally turn on the afterburners at the start to shake us off right off the bat.  Last night they stayed at a calmed 10/12mph pace so we were able to stay with them longer.  They normally do a 12/14mph pace.

Bunny,
FACTORe was way up there with the big boys.  I finally put a move on him after Gator Bait to get passed him.  I saw him with bottles only instead of his camelbak so I was hoping he would run out of water quickly.  He kept right on my tire.  After 10 miles I finally had to take a break and let him go by me.  I regroup with them at hartbreak ridge and finally gave up chacing the fast group at the Y.  FACTORe and I just decided to cruise it on in after we took a longer break then everyone else...  Good ride FACTORe...  I am glad that "banned substance" I gave you helped.  LOL...

Primo Garry,
I am glad you were late.  HMAN was too kind with Wes and Julianne and didn't want to pass them for what you and him normally do.  Even Garry "hey watch this" was staying back.  Good rides.... I am ready for another beating... Let's go!   I did two laps of the WTA loop yesterday.  I am ready to do 2 maybe 3 x 33 mile laps.  Say the word!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 10:17:01 AM by MrSandPine »

Advertisement: