Author Topic: Trails don't grow on trees  (Read 2283 times)

Online Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Trails don't grow on trees
« on: August 22, 2007, 10:08:12 AM »
Hey folks, some exciting plans coming down the trail for Boyette.  Adding some new trails and fixing some old ones to make them better.  The new stuff will be awesome!

Initially it is a lot of work to get them to be sustainable and fun for everyone.  But once in place - a well designed and built trail lasts for a long time of use.

Be a part of making our trails the best in the State, or at least right up there with the best.

For you racers - in the off season you can devote some of your time to help out as well.  You know, giving something back for having the land, access, and maintained trails available to train on.  Got a race that you can't make it to?  Trail building is good cross training.  ;-)  Also ask your race promoters about points for trail building volunteer hours.

There is also new trails ready to be worked at Alafia. 
Morris Bridge has some fixes and reroutes that need PEOPLE to work on; as well as Boyette's transformation into a mountain biking destination not to be missed.  Croom, the Grand Dame of trails, is often in need of maintenance.

Alafia - 1st Saturday of the month
Boyette - 2nd Saturday of the month
Morris Bridge - 3rd Saturday of the month
Croom - 4th Saturday of the month

Pick a weekend that you can help out and RSVP to trails@swampclub.org so that we can plan the workday for the amount of people coming and have enough lunch and beverage on hand. 

The workdays are from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. with lunch directly afterwards.

Everyone benefits when we collectively pitch in.

Hope to see you there.

Garry

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
Re: Trails don't grow on trees
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 06:04:09 PM »
I've pinned up the next Boyette work day on my calendar. I'll be there.
Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black