Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Pandemonium  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Pandemonium
« on: August 23, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
Okay, so it was witnessed - the third big climb out on Pandemonium can be conquered, so it looks like it stays.  Maybe some work done on the curve and approach by the tree, but pretty cool to see a few people climb up it.

Great ride at Boyette tonight.  Well, SOMEBODY needs to learn not to try and patch a tube as dark approaches, but just put a new one in and ride out before the Sasquatch and other critters come out!

Great ride guys.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Pandemonium
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 07:49:17 AM »
Last time I was out there was on my SS, so I couldn't give that climb a good effort. I tried and came pretty close a few times shortly after that section was cut in. It looks like it is getting worn in a bit and maybe not as soft as it used to be? I still like the middle line the best though.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 08:22:33 AM »
Last time I was out there was on my SS, so I couldn't give that climb a good effort. I tried and came pretty close a few times shortly after that section was cut in. It looks like it is getting worn in a bit and maybe not as soft as it used to be? I still like the middle line the best though.
The climb itself is packed now.  Is the loose sand at the bottom right after the blind turn by the tree.  I didn't even try but the three/four that made it took it somewhat slow around the curb to not get raddled by the sand then hammer past the sand to get over the climb.  Risky is so light and skinny that he makes it over two of this three attempts.  Jason was a hammer head and kept falling and rolling into the bushes.  But never gave up and must've tried it at least 5 or 6 times.  Forrest did it once then couldn't repeat two times after that his front tire would pop up on him as he went far to the right and had to get over a bump to get to the middle.  Mike climbed it with a last pedal effort fightin his bike wanting to roll back down.   Good rides!

Now I know why I carry my light when I go to Boyette in the PM.  There is always someone who wants to do one more lap of something thinking there is enough time but then a flat or some other technical issue bytes you.  Oh well, It was fun riding back in the dark.  Well for them... I had my HID light...  ;D ;D

Good rides... I need more ibuprofens to cure the pains from my endo...

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »
Finally rode Pandemonium for the first time. Nice trail.  It will be part of my route from here on out. Did not make the climb though. First time,  I rode up on it going too slow. Went back to ride the trail again and slipped out  just a little bit on the turn and lost my speed and then didn't make it up the climb.  I'll get it though. A new challenge.  Chiselchest made it, no problemos. Frickin' peer pressure!  ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Advertisement: