Author Topic: What's everybody eating between laps?  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
What's everybody eating between laps?
« on: August 29, 2007, 03:23:27 PM »
Just wanted to pick some brains and find out what the team guys are gonna be eating between laps.  Trying to make my shopping list and needed some ideas.
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
Re: What's everybody eating between laps?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »
i tell you what i eat during the 6 hour squiggy.....  my  brother and i turned about 45 minute laps, so as soon as i finished a lap i would take a gel.  about 15 minutes later i would eat a banana or an orange and a bit of your favorite recovery drink.  that day happened to just be gatorade.

rinse and repeat.

-bob :)
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 10:57:01 PM »
After my first lap I cooled down and had a blueberry muffin

After my second lap I cooled down and had two bagels and a banana, then about 5 minutes before Dan was due back I scarfed down two hot-dogs. Since I didn't get to put in a third lap, the wisdom of that meal is still debateable. :D
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:03:39 PM »

After my second lap I cooled down and had two bagels and a banana, then about 5 minutes before Dan was due back I scarfed down two hot-dogs. Since I didn't get to put in a third lap, the wisdom of that meal is still debateable. :D

Or the lack of wisdom. ;D
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Online Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 11:05:15 PM »

After my first lap I settled down a bit, had a gatorade, then a few minutes later I had a chocolate milk with vanilla protien whey.  Then about 10 minutes after that I had a PB&J sandwich.  Drank some water and had a GU 10 minutes before my next lap.  I was staying hydrated and had to pee three times between my first and second lap.  I also downed three electolyte pills after lap one and lap two.  For breakfast before making the drive up I had my "energy pancakes" of multi grain pancake mix, oatmeal, protien whey, egg, yogurt, apples and blueberries with maple syrup, O.J., couple cups of coffee to start the whole day off.  I had a banana and an apple on the drive up with a cup of coffee too.  Before each lap I had a GU.