Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: sand training!  (Read 1603 times)

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
sand training!
« on: September 02, 2007, 09:08:44 AM »
I have plotted out certain routs here in Croom that take some of the old trails and such--purposely picking out the sandy uphill areas--and sometimes I ride those. They are beastly but they sure seem to help my endurance.
Do you think that works or no?
Mike Cole

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Re: sand training!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 08:47:24 PM »
Definitely good training if you can handle  it. Tough pedaling in that stuff.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:29:39 AM »
Noble,
For endurance, I do road riding or flat non-sand trails.  You can't really avoid the sand at Croom.  Specially in the Spring.  Alternate course in Croom is good as long as you are within the marked/official mtb trails. 

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »
Yeah I am getting a road bike soon. Mainly because sometimes when I come back from riding the mtb trails I scoot home on the paved trail and the road bikers often treat me second rate as they pass me on my single speed all covered in dirt. I had a guy the other day cruise by me and turn to me and stick his tongue out and make that raspberry noise at me as he passed!! For real. At first I was like what was that guys problem?? I couldn't figure it out.

By the time I realized what he meant he was 3 blocks ahead of me but I decided I was gonna catch him, even though i had just had a long sandy ride. I stood up and started pounding. He looked back and saw me and upshifted and started pounding.  It took me about 3/4 of a mile or more of standing and peddling at 28 mph to catch him!! That is about flat out as I can run on my bike.  I was dead after that.

ACtually I have wanted a road bike for a while but those few *y road bikers don't hurt the cause either!!haha
Mike Cole

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 10:34:04 AM »
Did he give you his number? LMAO... good story.... 

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 08:32:19 PM »
Actually I think he got scared as I was catching him--like I had "road bike" rage or something and was gonna pound his face in!  So I just caught up and stayed a little behind him and rode there for a little bit. I was just having fun I didn't want him to think I was serious. It was pretty funny though.
Mike Cole

Advertisement: