Author Topic: 24 lbs. or bust  (Read 5866 times)

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
Re: 24 lbs. or bust
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »
i hate how the lefties look but after reading i think they might be worth trying out

i think a bike would be pretty light if you go:

IF titamium frame
lefty fork
easton carbon bar
fsa carbon cranks
xo shifters
thompson seat post and stem
chris king headset
avid juicy carbon brakes
time attak carbon pedals

wheels is the issue with me - i would have to see what is rated for a rider of my weight

this bike would be under 30 pounds

Well under 30 pounds. More like the low 20s. Harlan Price's bike (ti 29er w/Lefty) is 22 pounds. It's a small frame so yours might weigh a bit more, but not much. Wheel selection would make a big difference. He runs some really light wheels.

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »
Yeah I know it is a completely different catagory---I just want to ride--I don't want to put in the time or money that is involved in your catagory. No offence or anything, I just  don't understand it--unless you are a serious racer who makes money off of this.
Mike Cole

scooter

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 05:35:27 PM »
It's like I tell the wife, "honey you can't put a price on performance" and if that does'nt work I break this one off on her "If you have to ask you would'nt understand" that will usually guarantee uninterupted football viewing for the rest of the evening ;D

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »
It's like I tell the wife, "honey you can't put a price on performance" and if that does'nt work I break this one off on her "If you have to ask you would'nt understand" that will usually guarantee uninterupted football viewing for the rest of the evening ;D

LMAO!! I really understand!

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 09:44:11 PM »
I can't tell my wife that--she knows you can put a price on performance--she bought me!!haha
{for you dirty minds I don't mean that--just all around pure performance]
Mike Cole

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »
"I can justify two bikes easier than you can justify 20 pairs of shoes and a dozen handbags"

Of course, it would be more difficult to justify 3 or 4 bikes but I'm no there yet.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

scooter

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 12:49:17 AM »
Well let's be logical about this Risky, you gotta have a XC rig, you gotta have a trail rig and you gotta have a road machine. That's a 3 bike minimum just to get started. Then there's the jump bike, downhill bike, enduro bike, single speed, hardtail, track bike. Sorry honey you won't be getting those new pumps ;D

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 08:56:38 PM »
My SS is now under 23 lbs. Once I get a few other things back (fork, brakes) it should be very close to 22 even. And that is with some fairly heavy wheels.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline E90X + 1.1.11

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 09:24:16 PM »
i will treat myself to a sub 24 pounder when i drop another 20 off the engine

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 05:24:25 PM »
I hope you guys realize that most of the stuff that I write on here is purely in jest.  I don't want anyone to think that I am serious or that I think I am cool or something. I just joke a lot
Mike Cole

scooter

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 05:38:12 PM »
Hey Noble, life is to short to take our selves too seriously. After all just look at, us a bunch of grown ups riding bicycles in the dirt! So far everyone I have encountered in this bunch is as easy going of a group I think you will ever find. The main thing is have fun and get in shape doing it. What a great concept.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2007, 06:21:36 AM »
I hope you guys realize that most of the stuff that I write on here is purely in jest.  I don't want anyone to think that I am serious or that I think I am cool or something. I just joke a lot

No problemos, el Nobleso. The only thing I would say is that humor doesn't translate well all the time. So if their is something 50/50 funny, put a smiley face so people know you are joking around. 
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2007, 04:59:46 PM »
Good point---now I just have to learn to use those little face things!! I am not the best with computers. I am somwhat of a hypocrite--I owned an online store but had never bought anything myself online and am pretty much a novice with computers!!
Mike Cole

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2007, 11:13:50 PM »
Good point---now I just have to learn to use those little face things!! I am not the best with computers. I am somwhat of a hypocrite--I owned an online store but had never bought anything myself online and am pretty much a novice with computers!!

THAT is by far the most funny thing I've heard in a while.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »
Like they say--sad but true!!
Mike Cole