Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: SWAMP gear?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
SWAMP gear?
« on: September 07, 2007, 12:56:08 PM »
I was reviewing some pics on the Yahoo Group and noticed some Swampers with grey SWAMP T-shirts.  It got me thinking, what SWAMP gear is currently available and how do I get ahold of some?

;D

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: SWAMP gear?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »
I have seen some signs in Croom that say if you volunteer at the trail work days you can get some.
Mike Cole

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 06:21:11 PM »
I was reviewing some pics on the Yahoo Group and noticed some Swampers with grey SWAMP T-shirts.  It got me thinking, what SWAMP gear is currently available and how do I get ahold of some?

;D

Join in on the workdays and accumulate 20 hours or more and then you are eligible for Trail Crew t-shirts, more hours get hats and stuff.

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 07:51:03 PM »
Hey Garry,

I thought it was 20 hours for hats, 40 hours for the SWAMP Trail Crew, and so on.
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 09:20:35 PM »
Hey Garry,

I thought it was 20 hours for hats, 40 hours for the SWAMP Trail Crew, and so on.

Could be, I might have it backwards.  But still - some cool stuff for helping out.  :-)

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 10:51:09 PM »
SWAMP gear is secondary to why I join in on the workdays.  I have only been a club member for a year, but seeing the trails that we have available and wanting to continue riding them is why I have spent hot and cold mornings  :o working on them.  The bad thing is seeing the same 10-15 people on the workdays :-[
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 06:50:13 AM »
Yeah it looks like I won't ever get the swamp gear. I can't ever come out on sat.   But I do clean-up out there in Croom at least 2 times a week. Actually, I have never been a 'gator on a bike' kinda guy anyway!
Mike Cole

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 07:03:39 AM »
Yeah it looks like I won't ever get the swamp gear. I can't ever come out on sat.   But I do clean-up out there in Croom at least 2 times a week. Actually, I have never been a 'gator on a bike' kinda guy anyway!

There are plenty of people who would like to help on the workdays but their schedules just don't allow it to happen on a Saturday. You can also contact the Trail Boss for any particular trail system, Croom, Alafia, Morris Bridge, Boyette, and find out what needs to be done then arrange to go do it on a day that you are free.  Report back to the Trail Boss what you did and the hours spent and you get credit for it. 

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 07:16:36 AM »
Yeah I contacted the Croom boss Bob last week. I ain't really lookin for no gear though.
Mike Cole

Advertisement: