Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: "24 Solo" movie in Channelside Big Screen - Tampa  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
"24 Solo" movie in Channelside Big Screen - Tampa
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:03:50 AM »
For those of you who are not on the SWAMP newsgroup email list....

They are showing Chris Eatough movie on the Big screen this coming Thursday.... Anyone going?   Here is the email:

"Mountain bikers have it easy when it comes to the terrain in Florida. If you want to see what challenges the really elite mountain bikers around the world you won't want to miss "24 Solo" when it comes to town on Thursday, Sept. 13th for an exclusive engagement as part of the Independents' Film Festival. This film was awarded the Director's Choice Award for its overall beauty and manic excitement.  Thursday, Sept. 13th, 9 p.m.  at the Channelside Cinemas, 615 Channelside Drive in downtown Tampa, you can catch "24 Solo," which rides the handlebars with Chris Eatough, in his bid for a 7th consecutive 24 Hour Solo World Championship. Shot in high def, this rare glimpse into the personal life of the sportís most successful 24 Hour racer is a rollercoaster of energy and emotion. The documentary balances action and emotion with commentary from the biggest names in mountain biking including Gary Fisher, John Stamstad, Hans Rey, John Tomac, Alison Dunlap, Ned Overend and others cut to a powerful soundtrack crafted by the award-winning "Off Road to Athens" composer Haik Naltchayan. From resounding victories in China and Wisconsin to his tumultuous training and the final race, viewers will have an unprecedented glimpse into the intense machine that is Eatough. The filmís dramatic conclusion will have you on the edge of  your seat! Even if you're not especially into bicycle racing, this film has something for everyone.  Tickets are $7.50 and available at the door. 
All IFF events are supported in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs, The Education Channel, Industrial Strength Staging, Publix Supermarket Charities, Tampa Digital Studios, and the InTown Group. For information about the Independentsí Film Festival films, filmmakers, events or process call The Education Channel (813) 254-2253 x 206 or check the website at www.indiefilmfest. us.

Laura Tierney

Independents' Film Festival

...for the movie-minded

(813) 254-2253 ext. 206

www.indiefilmfest. us

"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:07:08 AM by MrSandPine »

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: "24 Solo" movie in Channelside Big Screen - Tampa
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:49:58 AM »
Looks like wings and beer at 7pm to warm up before the movie.  See you at Channelside's

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 05:50:14 PM »
I have a copy of the movie if any of you want to borrow it..... its pretty good. great motivator.

-bob :)
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline kristyleigh

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »
i'll be there

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:32:22 PM »
I am going to try and get the wife to go with me.  We will try to make the Wings and beer, more to follow...
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »
Anyone coming from the 941 area code?
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 09:22:23 AM »
The day just keeps getting busy and busy.... road ride at 4:30pm on Bayshore to check out the local scenary.  Have to make room for them wings, beer, and popcorn anyway...  ;D  ;D  8)

Advertisement: