Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Anyone Riding (Dirt) Saturday Morning?  (Read 3218 times)

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
Anyone Riding (Dirt) Saturday Morning?
« on: September 14, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »
My wife is taking our little boy to her parents tomorrow and that gives me a few extra hours to ride. ;D  Anyway, I'm thinking of skipping my usual road ride with Gaither and hitting the trails somewhere. Anyone want some company or want to be a tour guide for Boyette or Alafia?  Hmmm...maybe Croom...haven't been there in ages!   Geez...I think I might be turning back into a Dirt Dog! ;D
Rick

scooter

Re: Anyone Riding (Dirt) Saturday Morning?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »
I was thinking about Alafia or Boyette in the morning too. Only been to Boyette once so I would'nt be much of a guide ;D Been to Alafia a few times and know where not to go :o What time are you thinking about riding?

scooter

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 05:57:55 PM »
Hey, just spoke to a couple of guys headed to Alafia at 8:30. You are more than welcome to join the carnage. I will be in a silver quad cab toyota.

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 09:55:12 PM »
Scooter

Sounds good! I'll see ya guys in the morning.  I drive a white GMC Yukon.

Thanks, man!
Rick

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 10:49:56 PM »
I'll be going to Alafia in the morning also. My first time there solo. So if you guys don't mind me tagging along, I might just do that. I'm planning on being there around 8:30 or 9.
I know Boyette pretty well, so if you want someone to play tour guide I'd be glad to. I'll be driving a Black Jeep Cherokee.
Also, Egmuni your selling you enduro right? If so, I'd love the chance to take it for a test ride.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

scooter

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 11:10:06 PM »
Sweet, se ya in the morning.

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 09:03:41 PM »
Hey guys! That was a fun ride!  I can't believe we all flatted at the same time...that was kind of funny. ;D Maybe a UST setup would have prevented that type of flat. ;)  So...how's Adrian feeling? Man, he was 5-6ft in the air when he came down. :o  Anyway, thanks for the tour!  Let's ride again!

CWG...I just read your post.  Did you make it out there? I kind of remember a guy in a black suv that parked next to me.  Enduro?  Are you talking about the Mtn. Cycle that I'm selling?
Rick

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 11:08:57 PM »
Yeah, srry man I was thinking of Corranados bike. I was there, do you remember seeing a guy on a hardtail with a fork that looks to big for the bike and a green swamp jersey?
I think I passed by a guy on an anthem, I assume you where in that group.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

scooter

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 05:53:49 AM »
Dude I was on the Anthem and remeber your jersey. I have meet your dad on a Tuesday night ride but had not met you previously or we would have asked you to join the carange.

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 11:22:22 AM »
Uh,yeah...I think that was you parked next to me. I was in the white Yukon with a white Gary Fisher Hi-FI Pro...I was kind of hanging around the car for a while, waiting on Scooter and his gang. I think you passed by us on the trail too... when we were all fixing our flats.  Sorry about that...wish you would have said something.
Rick

scooter

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 11:39:22 AM »
For the latest flat tally, drum roll please 5. Yes the new bypass on bridges claimed 5 tubes Saturday. there was lot of fresh cuttings still in the new trail that must have had a bunch of briars or something in them. After getting home one of our group called to inform me he was #5. Don't look now but I forecast a tube shortage at your LBS today ;D

Online chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 04:26:38 PM »
Stans... ;)

scooter

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 04:42:58 PM »
I plan on going there, but #5 was a stans junkie. To it's credit the tire did not fail him during the ride, it was'nt until wash time at home he discovered the flat. That's gotta be worth something. :)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 04:48:16 PM »
Did the mowers just go through there?  Thats a lot of flat tires.   :o   :o   :o
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 05:09:32 PM »
AHH...HAHHH...a UST with a flat! :P  No, I don't think it was a  mower...it looked like it was cut by hand.  I was the first one with a flat and then when we discovered we had more flats...I walked down the trail and the briars were cut and piled up along the trail...some clippings must have made it back on the trail, because I picked up a bunch of them and threw them off to the side. Or it good have been sabotage? ;D ;D ;)
Rick

Advertisement: