Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: camping at Alafia FTF  (Read 1695 times)

Offline singletrackmind

• First Bike
camping at Alafia FTF
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:43:01 PM »
so I'm toying with th idea of renting a camper for the alafia fat tire fest, and was wandering if anyone was interested in going in on renting one...let me know
Green Cannondale Prophet.......Now minus the LEFTY....Gone! Soon to be Santa Cruz Blur LT

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
Re: camping at Alafia FTF
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »
If there aren't enough camping spots for everyone can we park in the overflow area by the trail head?
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 11:43:24 AM »
NO tenting on the TH area.  If you have an RV, get there early to get one of the RV hook ups.  If you only have a tent, don't worry, there is plenty of open space to camp.  If you are riding to the ftf every day, there is plenty of parking but I recommend parking by the Camping area since that is where all the guided FTF epic rides will start from.  That is where all the activity will be at.  The TH will be open for regular non-ftf attendees...

Offline singletrackmind

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 05:20:36 PM »
Sandpine.....do you know if they would put a pop-up camper with the tents or RV's?
Green Cannondale Prophet.......Now minus the LEFTY....Gone! Soon to be Santa Cruz Blur LT

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:36:54 PM »
Sandpine.....do you know if they would put a pop-up camper with the tents or RV's?
Yes tons of pop-ups every year.  You do have to get there early to get one of the first come first server rv's parking spots with electricity and water.  But don't be surprise to find 2-3 tents on the grass around you.  Is pretty much a set your tent up wherever you see an open spot.   It should be a lot of fun....

Offline singletrackmind

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:13:23 PM »
sounds like a blast....didn't make it last year unfortunately. Checked out some rates and can get a nice pop-up for just under $300 for the weekend, which sleeps 3-4 people, 5 if ya really know each other! Anyone thats interested ln spliting the cost on one or something let me know. Sure beats the hell out of sleeping on the ground in a tent.

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 01:50:07 PM »
Singletrack - check your PM....
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Advertisement: