Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Need sponsorship???  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Need sponsorship???
« on: September 19, 2007, 02:15:49 PM »
First of all, if this is somewhat unethical or unfair to others, please remove this thread immediately.    Second of all, if you do land a sponsorship with POWERBAR because of this, I want a cut of what you get.  No questions asked. :o :o   ;) .  I need tons of strawberry-banana gels, tons of sport powder drinks (endurance & recovery) cans, and powerbar energy & protein bars.  A Powerbar Jersey will be cool as well....  That is my finder's fee take it or leave it....    ;D

It seems like to become a "paid" pro athlete (or at least sponsored oned) on this MTB/cycling world you have to be really really really good and fast or know who to talk to.  All is kept underwraps amongs the elite that know or is done by word to mouth type of thing.  So here is something I found which I think will help those of use beginners with pipe dreams of one day being a sponsored/paid atlete.  What do we have to loose?  They can just say no, you too slow, too fat, don't podium enough, get lost, or not pro enough ... whatever....  Nothing lost except your pride.  So here it is...

POWERBAR is offering 2008-2009 season sponsorhip for those "elite" that might qualify.  From what I read, you don't necessarily have to be a pro or podium every now and then.  You just have to be out there promoting their products by wearing, using, training with their products or instructing, lecturing, coaching about the benefits of POWERBAR....  So is there a catch?  Well you get paid with sponship for doing it... product, outfits, and other percs...

Give it a try... BUT remember who told you and what my fee is... got it???  Oh, don't give me the line that you already knew about it... if you did why didn't tell the rest of us you non-team player.... LOL

http://www.powerbar.com/Athletes/TeamElite/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:17:55 PM by MrSandPine »

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: Need sponsorship???
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 02:33:40 PM »
if these companies have faith in their products - they need to sponsor some average joe and track their performance using this super product...and why do they always give the super awesome gear as giveaways to the fastest guys...they already have the sweet gear..give away a pair of those slick industry nines to somebody in the back of the pack that needs them...haha

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
Re: Need sponsorship???
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 04:17:03 PM »
Give it a try... BUT remember who told you and what my fee is... got it???  Oh, don't give me the line that you already knew about it... if you did why didn't tell the rest of us you non-team player.... LOL

;D ;D ;D

Advertisement: