Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Landis Loses His Yellow!  (Read 1321 times)

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
Landis Loses His Yellow!
« on: September 20, 2007, 03:34:33 PM »
I just read that Floyd Landis lost his appeal. Unless he appeals again, he'll be stripped of his yellow jersey and face a 2 year ban!  Who will it be next?  Valverde?  Contador?
Rick

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Re: Landis Loses His Yellow!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 04:19:24 PM »
Look forward to reading about it. They want Contador. They think he was able to slip through the cracks on that Puerta whatever scandal.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 09:18:13 PM »
It sucks that this all happened, but I hope everyone will move on from this now. I'm tired of the "cycling is dirty" discussions. I hope this will be it and the sport can start now with repairing it's image.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:33:58 PM »
I read the dissenting opinion of the one  guy out of three who voted not strip Landis. Pretty strong arguments this guy makes about the shoddy and unprofessional tactics of the testing lab. Its worth a read. If you go to velonews and click on the articles , the have a link for the dissenting opinion. Whether he's guilty or not, I agree  with the dissenter that you should not ruin an athletes name, his means of earning a living and strip them of their accomplishments unless there is absolute certainty. The testing methods were not done properly at all and there is proven evidence in the test results of fraud.  Each test had 9  steps to them. The 9 steps are independent of each other and apply only for that test. The testing lab was taking the individual steps from the 3 tests and switching them from test to test to prove their results. For example they would take step 4 from test 1 and plug it into the results of test 2. A lot of very questionable goings on. You can't ruin an athletes reputation with crap like that. If hes guilty, catch him legally.  The other two judges say there was enough evidence to judge him even though  the unprofessional  standards existed in the case. 
" Not this time, Lance"

Advertisement: