Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Interbike Stuff  (Read 1485 times)

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
Interbike Stuff
« on: September 28, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »
Some cool stuff from Interbike:

New carbon cranks from RaceFace:

Pretty pink Hope disc brakes with laser engraved flowers - these are supposedly a production model - I'd rock them on my bike if I was in the market for new brakes

Cool new frame that I'm eager to hear more about - the Pivot Mach 4 and Mach 5.  Designed by the founder/former owner of Titus and built around the DW link suspension.  The only things I'm leary of are in integrated headset and a new funky, wide, bb standard.  This bike in either the 4" or 5" version could be the replacement for my Blur:

Crank Brothers new wheel system - UST compatible (no holes at all in the rim), spokes connect through and extrusion off of the inside of the rim and have some crazy long custom nipples:

The coolest bike I've ever seen - the Calfee Carbon Spiderweb:
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
Re: Interbike Stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:31:49 PM »
Hmm, I remember hearing something about Pivot bikes coming with a pivot in the rear axle or something like that, but I guess trek beat um to it so they just went with a regular DW link.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
Re: Interbike Stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:18:23 PM »
Dave Weagle (the DW in the DW Link) has a similar design to Trek's drop-out/pivot that he calls the Split Pivot.  I don't believe it was his intention to combine a DW Link with the Split Pivot but rather use the Split Pivot on otherwise single pivot designs to improve brake efficiency.  I'm not sure if there's any connection between Trek's pivot design and Weagle's.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Advertisement: