Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Trail Conditions 10 - 4 -07  (Read 2544 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Trail Conditions 10 - 4 -07
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:44:24 PM »
Had a good ride at the Boyette Trails. Only did 10.5 miles but found all the trails  in good condition.

SST -  good pack, good visibility, some soft sand in corners from heavy rain
              Loch Ness - good pack, no arm scratchers
              North Service road to small creek crossing from Loch Ness to Upper Loch Ness -  tall weeds next to road leaning into trail
              Upper Loch Ness  - good pack
              Randy's Trail  - weeds starting to encroach, no problem yet
              Golf Cart - good pack, good visibility, 1 tree leaning across trail about 5 feet high, 1/2 way  through trail. Watch your head!
              North Abyss - good pack, some baby heads on trail. 1 small water puddle at base of hill.
              South Abyss - good pack, easy climb at west end of trail onto 2 track road. Erosion has been repaired.
              Spider Berm - good pack, good visibility
              West Meadow, Inner Loch Ness -  good pack, good  visibility, Weeds are still back from trail through meadow area heading to
                                                            trail head.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
Re: Trail Conditions 10 - 4 -07
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 02:02:55 PM »
North west has a tree down that will require a chainsaw.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »
Had a good ride at the Boyette Trails. Only did 10.5 miles but found all the trails  in good condition.

SST -  good pack, good visibility, some soft sand in corners from heavy rain
              Loch Ness - good pack, no arm scratchers
              North Service road to small creek crossing from Loch Ness to Upper Loch Ness -  tall weeds next to road leaning into trail
              Upper Loch Ness  - good pack
              Randy's Trail  - weeds starting to encroach, no problem yet
              Golf Cart - good pack, good visibility, 1 tree leaning across trail about 5 feet high, 1/2 way  through trail. Watch your head!
              North Abyss - good pack, some baby heads on trail. 1 small water puddle at base of hill.
              South Abyss - good pack, easy climb at west end of trail onto 2 track road. Erosion has been repaired.
              Spider Berm - good pack, good visibility
              West Meadow, Inner Loch Ness -  good pack, good  visibility, Weeds are still back from trail through meadow area heading to
                                                            trail head.
Garry,
Sorry didn't take anything with me.  I only had about an hour so only did a short ride.  Adding to what Ells said

- road from loch Ness to upper loch Ness ... those are weeds but they are ridiculously tall.  Leaning way over the trail and you just have to duck and hope you get through.  Major whacking needed.
- Upper Loch Ness - Has a low hanging limb before the tough climb out.  Tough enough with the blind turn but you have to break to get pass the limb and you loose all momentum
- Upper loch Ness section from road to west meadow - We always forget this small section and it needs major weed whacking
- West Meadow - downhill before Baby Nessy getting eroded by brake huggers.
- Bridge on double track between start of Loch Ness and Palmetto cable is too low.  Water is almost over it.  Either ditch needs to be cleaned up or bridge needs to be build higher.
- West Meadow section from Vista Ridge to Baby Nessy needs grass mowing and weed whacking.

Also rode Golf Cart, Gator Pit, Spider Berm, Randy's trail, Vista Ridge, road to Vista Ridge.  Other then what Ells pointed out, they are in decent shape.

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 12:59:21 PM »
- Bridge on double track between start of Loch Ness and Palmetto cable is too low.  Water is almost over it.  Either ditch needs to be cleaned up or bridge needs to be build higher.

The bridge is now washed out.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 01:43:22 PM »
That ditch is deep unless is cloged with weeds.  I hope nobody tries to ride on it or they will be in for a shock.  It rained all night around so I bet Boyette and Alafia are a bit slick today.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 02:36:43 PM »

Treadlight and I moved the tree so it is no longer in a dangerous position. The smaller peices are off to the side, and the larger tree tunk (probably 8 inches across) is now laying on the trail it is a very easy obstacle to go over.

Good to see you there today Harvey!

Gregg

Advertisement: