Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Need help----Looking for good place for horseback riding.  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Need help----Looking for good place for horseback riding.
« on: October 08, 2007, 08:59:29 PM »
My wife is looking to do some horseback riding. Does anyone know any good places to go? We would need to rent horses. I was thinking in the Croom or Santos area. Please let me know what you guys know. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gregg

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: Need help----Looking for good place for horseback riding.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »
There is a place near here [Croom] that rents horses. It is called the Flying W Air Ranch. They have 2 really nice Clydesdales for riding there. Here is their web-site   www.flyingwairranch.com     the owners name is Robby--he is really nice.

There are some other places around here too that I can check on for you if you want.
Mike Cole

scooter

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:56:52 PM »
Gregg, I stumbled across a riding area just up the road from the flatwoods entrance on Morris bridge. If you continue North past flatwoods just past cross creek blvd. on the East side of Morris bridge there is a county park. I got out and looked at the trail map a couple of weeks ago. The trails there seem to go on and on and onnnnnnnnnn!. Not sure about the prospect of rentals but may warrant a drive by ;D

Offline Red Trail Racing

• Associate
  • Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 07:20:38 AM »
How about the new Colt Creek State Park on 471? If the equistrian trails are not open soon they will be. When that place it done it will be Disneyland for horse owners. Miles and Miles of horse trails, campgrounds and facilities that cater to equistrians...

Offline ECFoecking

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 12:53:19 PM »
Gregg, I stumbled across a riding area just up the road from the flatwoods entrance on Morris bridge. If you continue North past flatwoods just past cross creek blvd. on the East side of Morris bridge there is a county park. I got out and looked at the trail map a couple of weeks ago. The trails there seem to go on and on and onnnnnnnnnn!. Not sure about the prospect of rentals but may warrant a drive by ;D

No rentals available here - strictly "bring your own".  Like scooter said, LOTS of horse trails there.
Eric

Words can be your friends if you choose them wisely

Offline singletrackmind

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 01:27:16 PM »
I don't know about up there, but there's Turkey Creek Stables, they rent horses, and are directly next to Medard Park.
Green Cannondale Prophet.......Now minus the LEFTY....Gone! Soon to be Santa Cruz Blur LT

Offline ROCKgardener

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • TEAM MUTANT
    • echo-lab studio (MYSPACE)
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »
Alafia has some good horse trails.

just ride the drop.....go fast...if anything gets in your way...TURN!

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 01:38:16 PM »
There are some places in Lutz and Land O Lakes.  Hit me up and I can get the info to you

Advertisement: