SWAMP Community Forums
May 07, 2008, 10:19:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Alafia Trail Map available to SWAMPers!
The April 2008 trail map, which includes North Creek phase 4, is available in the Trail Map section.  You must be a SWAMP Club Member to view these additional boards.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Trails?  (Read 1382 times)
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« on: June 22, 2006, 10:11:50 PM »

First off i would like to say that this forum looks just as good as the trails you guys make. Great Job Guys!!
And speaking of trails, i was just looking around your site and i noticed that you guys have a new trail opening in July. Lets hear some detail guys, at this rate im goina have to volunteer(which ill probably do anyways if I got go to the shuttle launch) just to see the new work(and hopefully ride it Grin)

BTW, this is Carnage from www.mtbr.com if anyone else goes there.

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
Forum Manager
Administrator
Cycling Sherpa

Use the big ring!

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:47:08 AM »

Cheesy

Thanks for the kind words! Like the new trail, we are just getting started with these forums.

The new trail at Alafia, called North Creek, will be opening July 9th at the Sunday group ride.  (9:00 am) Lots of ups and downs, quite a few bench cuts, several bridges and almost 2 miles long when this intermediate trail is completed, there should be something on this trail for everyone to enjoy. Intermediate or better that is..  Wink  It will get better with use too, just like the other trails in the area.

Come to Alafia River State Park that day if you don't get out sooner.  A big day is planned with demo bikes, prizes and lots of activity.

Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:11:34 AM »

very cool. i was just out there today for an epic between Alafia and Boyette. and didnt notice it. the trails are awsome but a bit buggy and sandy right now. BTW, i remember reading in a book a while back that you where planning a trail to got from Alafia to Boyette. the book was a few years old, and i was just wondering if that got stonewalled for some political reason or something like that. Is it still planned?

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
Kevan
Assistant Wheel Spinner
Global Moderator
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 02:03:04 AM »

The plans are still there, however, nothing is happening right now.  The main reason is the safety issue with the shooting range being so close to the connecting trails.  Right now we have permission to use the trail once per year for the 3 day Alafia Fat Tire Festival held in November. Other times of the year everyone avoids the non-existent stray bullets.   Shocked

Cannondale Prophet 1000 (Blue)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: