Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Christmas comes early to Riverview . . . or does it?  (Read 1147 times)

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
Christmas comes early to Riverview . . . or does it?
« on: October 13, 2007, 10:40:23 PM »
So I am outside in the front yard today and the neighbor calls over to me "Hey.  Wifes really motivated this year huh?"  So I am like, HUH?  WTF you talking about?  Neighbor says we got your Christmas card already whats up with that?  So of course I think there is some kind of set up here so I ask him "you drunk?"  He says "no look at this." with a big ass grin on his face.  So I go over and he produces this card and sure enough it is a Christmas card from my family.  It has me, my wife and my 2 kids looking very festive.  One small detail about the picture is bothering me however.  Smack dab in the middle of the photo is the Stanley cup.  I look at my neighbor and I ask him "did you really just get this?"  He says yes.  "let me see the envelope"  I start busting out laughing and he is like "what"

the freaking postmark is November 2004  My neighbor just got the Christmas card I mailed him in 2004.  It only took that card 3 years to move 50 yards.  I knew our government was inefficient but damn this takes the cake. 
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: Christmas comes early to Riverview . . . or does it?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:14:45 AM »
That is funny as crap!!!!! Thanks for the good night laugh! ;D

Offline singletrackmind

• First Bike
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:10:29 AM »
Good ole' government work!
Green Cannondale Prophet.......Now minus the LEFTY....Gone! Soon to be Santa Cruz Blur LT

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:35:08 PM »
South Shore Hillsborough county mail just seems to move a bit slower then others.  1-2 days later then if you live in Tampa.  But 3 years???  wow....

For laughs, you may want to go talk to the Post Office manager to see what kind of explanation you might get.... Keep us posted.

Advertisement: