Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Linked Events

• Boyette Trail Work Day: October 14, 2006

Author Topic: Boyette Trail Work Day Saturday, October 14  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
Boyette Trail Work Day Saturday, October 14
« on: October 05, 2006, 06:07:31 PM »
Second Saturday of the month, 9:00 am at Boyette Scrub parking lot

So if your thing is trimming singletrack - we have a slice of heaven for you.

If you would rather swing a weedeater to expose the trail again - step right up my friend for it is waiting on you.

So mark your calendar and give us a few hours Saturday to take back the trails.  We will be using parts of Boyette for the Fat Tire Fest as well, so we need to get a handle on it and Alafia. 

Be sure to RSVP to trails (at) SWAMPclub (dot) org so we have enough lunch and drink on hand.

Hope to see you there.
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
Re: Boyette Trail Work Day Saturday, October 14
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 10:35:28 PM »
You get to pick your trail system to work on.  Most of the place is in good shape and we have a new trail to introduce for the Fat Tire Fest.  It has been started and will offer an easier/harder option once this phase is finished.  If we can get it cut in you even get to ride it the same day we work it.
So come on folks join a work crew - Arts Artisians or Tims Trailblazers - either one and we will have awesome trails to enjoy.  RSVP to Tim for lunch and drink and so we have a head count and can plan the workday.  9:00 a.m. Sat. Oct. 14th.

Garry
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
Re: Boyette Trail Work Day Saturday, October 14
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 09:52:19 PM »
Many Thanks to a great trail crew at Boyette yesterday, there were 18 hard working volunteers. We started working on a new section of trail just across the double track from the entrance to the
Abyss. We got a huge portion of it done, and much more than we expected. This is going to be a fun trail to ride, with some nice little swoops and dips, in a beautiful area. Eventually, there will be a couple of easy hard options. It was such a nice cool morning and everyone was having a good time, some of our trail crew did a little trimming in a few areas also. Then it was on to the buffet, where no one left hungry for sure.No giant Lizard sightings, just giant spiders hanging out in the woods that we invaded.
Our crew yesterday included, Rudy Miller, Rick Thompson, Ken (Gruff) Orlando, Wes Eubank, Lou and Dave Whyte, Merrick Endres, Matt Endres, Jerry and Marsha Hauck, Dave Davenport, Gary McGibbon, Harvey Minton, Lauren Guerette, Garry Rosseter, Javier Avila, Adele Gustafson and myself.
Thanks again to the "Trailblazers"
Tim Gustafson

Advertisement: