Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Trail Recommendation  (Read 1412 times)

Offline ECFoecking

• Amateur Billy Goat
Trail Recommendation
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:37:48 PM »
My wife and I are newly into biking for exercise.  I am looking for recommendations to some trail/offroad places to break into offroad biking.  Something relatively simple to dip my wifes toes into.

Thanks
Eric

Words can be your friends if you choose them wisely

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: Trail Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 02:53:34 PM »

The Flatwoods/Trout Creek/Morris Bridge also known as the Wildernes Trails, is a really good place to bring a beginner. there is 25-30 miles worth of trails and the range from very easy to not very difficult.

The setting is also nice with lots of wildlife around.

Offline Jason & Nancy Daniels

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I like to bike!
    • Metraworks Web Design
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 03:38:37 PM »
I took my girlfriend out for one of her first off-road rides at the trout creek park. It is really scenic - the trail loops around two lakes and it roughly follows the paved entrance road. She was able to ride it without too much difficulty, although we avoided the (clearly marked) "Coconut Grove" trail at first. It could be a bit tough for a beginner. I think this section of the main trail is somewhere between 3 and 5 miles.

I believe this is the venue of the SWAMP's Intro to Mountain biking class... http://www.swampclub.org/mb_introclass.htm.

Nancy and I only started riding trails this past February, and we have really enjoyed our experiences with mountain biking and meeting mountain bikers.

J
Jason Daniels
Salsa El Santo... spicy!

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:25:11 PM »
My wife and I are newly into biking for exercise.  I am looking for recommendations to some trail/offroad places to break into offroad biking.  Something relatively simple to dip my wifes toes into.

Thanks

Wilderness Trails, otherwise known as Morris Bridge, Trout Creek, and Flatwoods is a great beginner trail with some options to make it a great place for a workout.  Grab a map, pick and choose the trails you want and enjoy.  Starting out I would stay away from Gator Bait, Indian, Techno Pig, Misery, Heart Break Ridge, and Coconut Grove.

Offline BadAssCorrado

• Huffy Rider
    • Fixx Tuning
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »

range from very easy to not very difficult.

;D LOL

On that note, it would be cool to develop that little freeride section they have there. I'd go back for that.
Bill

Advertisement: