Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Morning Rides  (Read 6827 times)

Offline Amocat00

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Zoom Zoom
Morning Rides
« on: November 07, 2007, 08:07:38 AM »
I've been working afternoons, starting @ 1:00.  Does anybody go to Alafia or Boyette in the mornings throughout the week?  If so, I'd be interested in going.  I'm new to the area and the club and have just gotten a bike and equipment after a 5+ year layoff.  I've been to Boyette once already with no problems but needing to build up endurance.

Thanks,

~Shawn
"Ride It Like You Stole It!!!"

~Shawn

Offline Jason & Nancy Daniels

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I like to bike!
    • Metraworks Web Design
Re: Morning Rides
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 01:59:29 PM »
I have made it out to Boyette and Alafia a couple times after dropping my son off at school. I started riding earlier this year, and while my fitness level is decent, I really need to work on my technical skills. I'd be happy to set up something up with you - shoot an email to jason@metraworks.com

J
Jason Daniels
Salsa El Santo... spicy!

Offline scubastud

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »
I work afternoons/nights as well and with me having a family that consists of a 3 year old, most of my riding is done during the week as opposed to weekends.

I generally ride every Monday and Friday morning, either at Alafia or Boyette. I'm always up for riding with others considering much of my riding is done alone.

Let me know.......
"Life is short so break the rules and never regret anything that made you smile..."

scooter

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 03:01:25 PM »
Count me in to guy's, just started a new job that gives me days off during the week. ;D

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 03:48:53 PM »
Being a self emplyed sales geek, gives me some flexibility too. Scooter, Benjibad and I had a nice ride on Monday morning.

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 03:56:51 PM »
I don't get very many mornings, but  In the coming months I will have a few more since I have taken quite a bit of leave.  Anyway, I can't wait for the FTF, but next tuesday I am looking for a morning ride if anyone is interested,  Prob boyette.  Let me know if anyone wants to go.  I know my way around there pretty well, and can help with some tech skills for those who need it.
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

scooter

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
RATS I gotta work that day >:( Maybe next Tuesday?

Offline Amocat00

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Zoom Zoom
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 07:50:19 PM »
Ok...I know I'm the fool who started this thread.  But, being that I'm brand new to the area and the club, is there someone who's interested who would be better than me at organizing this?  I'm fine with any day of the week, for the record.  But, I don't know how to organize everyone...

~S

~Shawn

scooter

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »
No worries Amocat, just throw out a day, place and time. There are plenty of ride junkies on the forum looking for an excuse to ride. It looks like I am ticketless for Alafia but plan to ride there Friday morning if you can make it.

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 08:23:35 PM »
can't the following tuesday I am working.  But next tuesday I will be itching to ride after the FTF.  Say 0900, 0915 ready to roll??
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 08:26:27 PM »
Sure this is my first post on the forum after weeks of lurking, but I have to put myself out there at some point.  I also do most of my riding on weekday mornings.  Monday and Friday mornings are best for me.

I ride mostly at Wilderness, as I am a grad student at USF, but lately I have been riding mostly at Boyette because there's more technical stuff,  I'm very interested in riding with others at Boyette in the morning so I'm not always the one getting spiders in my face.  I know my way around there pretty well and would be wiling to show some others around.

Also I would love to have someone to follow around at Alafia.  I've only been there once and it was on my old hardtail, so I stuck to the easier trails.

I work weekends and have class during the evenings on weekdays so I usually cannot make it out to the club rides :(

To the point, I'd love to participate in any group rides on weekday mornings, or even just ride with one or two others.  Sometimes it's scary out there all alone....

Michael Kanning
mikekanning@gmail.com
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline scubastud

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 09:41:25 PM »
Mike,

We'll get together considering Mondays and Fridays are my two primary days of riding with the occasional Tue/Wed/Thur. afternoon ride.

I normally ride Boyette or Alafia and know both fairly well so between the two of us, I don't foresee problems.
"Life is short so break the rules and never regret anything that made you smile..."

Offline Amocat00

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Zoom Zoom
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 10:07:12 PM »
MrSandPine and I had planned on going to Alafia tomorrow morning, but he had to cancel due to being called in to Tampa for work.  However, I am fired up to ride, but haven't ever been to Alafia.  So, if on such short notice, anyone is interested, I can be there at 0730 tomorrow.

I'm down for Sunday and Tuesday also.

~Shawn

~Shawn

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 10:29:55 PM »
I'm thinking we (we being any of the participants of this thread) should meet and ride somewhere on Friday morning, maybe around 8:00 AM.  I'm interested in going to Alafia but primarily I'm interested in meeting and riding with some of you guys so I'm down to go wherever.  Does this work for anyone else?

Mike
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline Amocat00

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Zoom Zoom
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 10:38:11 PM »
I'm thinking we (we being any of the participants of this thread) should meet and ride somewhere on Friday morning, maybe around 8:00 AM.  I'm interested in going to Alafia but primarily I'm interested in meeting and riding with some of you guys so I'm down to go wherever.  Does this work for anyone else?

Mike

Works for me.  I tried to edit my previous post to say that if tomorrow is on to short of notice, Friday would work also.
0800 is fine with me, Friday, Alafia.

Maybe I'll just go solo to Boyette again tomorrow.

~S
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:45:43 PM by Amocat00 »

~Shawn

Advertisement: