SWAMP Community Forums
March 30, 2008, 02:11:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: SWAMP Forums - Please login and join our community.
Anyone can register here for free and login for access to additional boards and topics.  Look near the top left of this page for the register or login links.  SWAMP mountain bike club members have additional access to trail maps and club business topics.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Push it!  (Read 347 times)
scooter
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:32:05 PM »

So I am nearing the end of my Trance build up and air up the RP3 to 180 psi, check sag purr-fection. The next day I spin around the yard only to notice things feel a little soft in back. A quick pressure check confirms my suspisions 140 psi Uh Oh! So I get on the phone with push industries thinking I will go the cheap route with a factory rebuild and before I know it I am signed up for a full blown stroked rider specific tuned shox! Mailing it out tommorow and with any luck the Trance will make her debut Thanksgiving weekend. I am curious to see what all the hype is all about Smiley
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:42:53 PM »

I've heard good things about them, think they'd make an exception and push my Manipoo? Or atleast get replace the plastic thats inside the fork?

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
BillT
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 02:56:39 AM »

I had Push do the work on a Fox Vanilla RC coilover on my Bullit and it worked absolute wonders for the shock and really improved the ride.  I got a nice pedal platform, more/smoother damping control, and a 'bottomless' feeling of travel.  I plan on getting them to redo my Fox fork once I've saved enough pennies to afford it.
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:11:25 AM »

I've heard good things about them, think they'd make an exception and push my Manipoo? Or atleast get replace the plastic thats inside the fork?

It is not a matter of making an exception, they actually manufacture the replacment parts.

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
egmuni
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 05:34:09 AM »

What are they doing to make the improvement?  I haven't heard of them, but then again, I've been out the mtb scene for a couple of years. Web-site link?  Hmmm... I can't seem to get my RP23 tuned to my liking.

Rick
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 08:25:34 AM »

If you go to the website it will give you little more info, but for example; if a part is made by the manufacture out of 6000 series aluminum they may replace it with a part made of 7000 series aluminum. They rebuild each fork by hand, to more exact standards than mass production can allow. etc....

www.pushindustries.com

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
scooter
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 09:19:19 AM »

Google push industries, but to hit on the highlights. Their topline tuning service cost $150 and includes a complete rebuild which comes with a a push designed and milled piston, new seals and O rings thru out, fresh torco oil, a fresh nitrogen charge, etc: They also tune your 3 propedal positions makeing your plush setting plusher and your firm setting firmer and you guessed it goldilocks your middle setting JUST RIGHT. They test the shock and send you preliminary psi and dampening settings to run as a base point based on your weight and riding style. I will post a follow up once I get it back and have ridden it a few times Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: