Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette BMX  (Read 3672 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Boyette BMX
« on: November 13, 2007, 07:42:43 PM »
How does one go about finding the pertinent  info concerning the BMX at Boyette? For example, is funding in place?  Is it a county enterprise or a joint county/ private enterprise. Is it for  profit?  Will it be strictly volunteer or is there  paying positions available? Is there any connection with the national BMX organisations?  Who knows this stuff? I think if we could get better info on  htis project maybe it will come together for somebody. Any thoughts on this? This could be a possible free -ride park also from what I understand.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Boyette BMX
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 09:34:15 PM »
It could even be a mountain board park?  I think some folks at A.J.'s in Brandon might have info on the place.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 09:39:21 PM »
How does one go about finding the pertinent  info concerning the BMX at Boyette? For example, is funding in place?  Is it a county enterprise or a joint county/ private enterprise. Is it for  profit?  Will it be strictly volunteer or is there  paying positions available? Is there any connection with the national BMX organisations?  Who knows this stuff? I think if we could get better info on  htis project maybe it will come together for somebody. Any thoughts on this? This could be a possible free -ride park also from what I understand.

I would imagine the best place to start would be Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation.  It's on Hillsborough property and probably the parks department would have some knowledge of whats going on there.  Good place to start anyway.

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 09:52:43 PM »
If I lived closer I would help but I have my hands full at Croom already.
Mike Cole

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 08:21:26 AM »

Ells,
Did you ever contact the Multi Gear bike shop in Riverview?  I posted some info on them a while back.  But anwyay, to my surprice the track is coming along now.  They seem to have some national backing from a big BMX organization.  Afterall, it is going to be their offical USA BMX training site.  Not sure they'll let MTX'ers there but who knows.  Check out all all the info, who is behin it, and even look at the pictures of the track here:

http://www.usabmxitf.com/

Contact Us Please mail all correspondance to the following address:
PO BOX 1663, Valrico FL 33595 

Track Address: 12705 Balm-Boyette Rd, Riverview, FL 33569 Map It
Phone: (813)957-7647 or (813)493-2697
Email: usabmxitf@yahoo.com

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 08:23:36 AM by MrSandPine »

Offline stealth71

• Forum Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:03:01 AM »
Wow. Looks sweet, but their website is hosed.

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 09:55:20 AM »
So it's a flat track huh? Bummer. Won't work for mountainboarding very well.
Mike Cole

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 01:44:35 PM »
Oldsmar has a BMX track there and hold national races also as well as weekend events. You might be able to find some info there.
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 07:17:51 AM »
It is alot further along than is in the pic! The starting slab and gate is complete and so is the box on top of the gate! 8)

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 09:25:15 AM »
Hmmm  5$ a day to ride.  Thank god you don't have to belong to a club and pay dues ::)  Oh wait you do have to belong to a club.  In fact you have to belong to the club if you want to ride, cost 45$

Gee whiz.  Anyway I hope they build some stuff suitable to my XC riding style.  Because if they do they will certainly see a huge increase in there club size.  In fact if it was free and more mountain bike oriented I would go there all the time considering it is less than 1/2 a mile from my house.   Someone should make them do that, because then everyone would come.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Seriously though I hope it is successful.  Even though it is a little close to my house, you know what kind of seedy characters those bmx'ers are  ;D  Pack's of BMX'ers wandering the neighborhood because they could not afford the 5$ to get in.  (shudder)  I'll have to warn my kids  :o
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 09:54:29 AM »
Hmmm  5$ a day to ride.  Thank god you don't have to belong to a club and pay dues ::)  Oh wait you do have to belong to a club.  In fact you have to belong to the club if you want to ride, cost 45$

Gee whiz.  Anyway I hope they build some stuff suitable to my XC riding style.  Because if they do they will certainly see a huge increase in there club size.  In fact if it was free and more mountain bike oriented I would go there all the time considering it is less than 1/2 a mile from my house.   Someone should make them do that, because then everyone would come.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Seriously though I hope it is successful.  Even though it is a little close to my house, you know what kind of seedy characters those bmx'ers are  ;D  Pack's of BMX'ers wandering the neighborhood because they could not afford the 5$ to get in.  (shudder)  I'll have to warn my kids  :o

Sean is laying down the hammer!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline noble

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 10:40:59 AM »
Good one Beercan!  Just for the record--I have never paid to ride a BMX track and never would.

What is with bicyclists and clubs anyway?? No other sport that I participate in is so bent on having clubs.
Skateboarding,skimboarding,mountainboarding,basketball...

I feel like a kid again--"You gotta join my club to come in my tree house!"---"Ok, but only if I get to be the keeper of the flame or Vice President!" ;D

BMX is the worst. As a teen we used to ride the track at night by climbing the fence.
Mike Cole

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 12:34:42 PM »
I don't know about Skateboarding and that other stuff, but with basketball............... They are called "leagues".

I can't understand why those silly basketball players would pay to join a league? Come to think about it.............Those idiots that play hockey, football, baseball, and golf (don't open that can of worms) they play in leagues too.

Until they become proffesional, you've got to pay to play.   Bikers.....hmmm

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »
Just for the record there are absolutly no idiots in hockey.   Well, maybee just one  ;D

And talk about expensive, I probably pay close to 2500$ a year in team fees.  Then you have to factor in equipment . . . ayyy carumba  :'(
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 04:06:24 PM »
No idiots in baseball either. League uniforms, $52,000, operating costs $51,000. Watching a kid swing so hard and miss he corkscrews himself into thre ground, priceless!! All kidding aside, we produce some very good allstars year after year. I've had 9 teams myself and helped with three others.
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Advertisement: