SWAMP Community Forums
June 23, 2008, 03:08:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remember to login to view all of the boards and topics available to you.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 Hrs of Squiggy - 2008  (Read 5108 times)
Jersh
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2008, 09:44:09 PM »

Quite sure Anthem is correct, at least according to what Gregg told me earlier today... HBR is the last leg of each lap

Josh O'Donnell Photography
http://www.joshodonnell.com
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »

oh, oh well, I guess I'll get good at those 3 roots then.

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2008, 10:21:07 PM »

I was there around 5pm, the gate was close but rangers were there and I told them I was there for the pre-ride and I got in. I saw Julianne adding more tapes at the course.
The route is basically almost all of grandpa, the pigs, palmetto, speedway, part of main trail, gator bait and indian. Also after piglet you will go through the new cut trail which is very soft still.
HR average at 155 bmp at 9.0 at 8.9 mi and 48 minutes on 32/18.
But with all this rain the roots will be slippery. Indian and gator bait will be a messy goo.
See you guys tomorrow , I am still finishing my 6th yuengling dark.

The heavy rains came in after that time of course.  I just can't imagine Indian and Gator Bait being used for the race after such rain considering it takes far less riders to totally screw those trails up in wet conditions.
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2008, 10:25:34 PM »

100 percent sure that the last trail in the woods is Heartbreak. It was actually much dryer than the other to messy trails.

The course is 9.5 miles long, as long as there are no changes in the morning, even then it will be very close to that.

Morrison, I like your fuzzy math......9.5 miles, 48 minutes......? not 8.9 or 9 mph....No matter how you figure it.  Maybe it is the beer?

Garry, I hope you are right. It was slippery.

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2008, 10:39:15 PM »

Another bout of heavy rans hitting St. Pete right now, on it's way to you Hillsborough folks.  Too bad the race isn't at Croom!!
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2008, 10:41:17 PM »

Everyone knows Squirrelz don't like rain, so The Zoom Zoom boys will be splashing by.
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2008, 10:44:31 PM »

Splish Splash we're all taking a bath. 7th Corona here Tread. Be ready to rise and shine tomorrow's Squiggy time!  Wink

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2008, 10:51:29 PM »

The kids changed their minds, I guess they're doing a three person Kid Co-ed team and Dad's riding solo. I've got Treadlight to thank for that, they were looking over my shoulder when I was reading his post about me going solo. Thats alright I was kinda leaning toward that anyway. I'll get to try to do more laps than the three of them put together. The bet between us is that if I lose I have to shave my legs! Embarrassed Huh

SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2008, 11:00:20 PM »

The route is basically almost all of grandpa, the pigs, palmetto, speedway, part of main trail, gator bait and indian. Also after piglet you will go through the new cut trail which is very soft still...I am still finishing my 6th yuengling dark.
Yea you keep drinkng those ying-a-ling's.  This time tomorrow, I'll be enjoying my Negra Modelos you'll owe me.  All of Grampa??  Did you ride afer you drank or are you purposely misleading everyone to you advantage?  I rode the marked course at 3pm with others.  At that time, the north side of grampa was not on the course.  Only the south west leading to the hole in the fence.  Unless Julianne changed it after I left.

Grin Grin

treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ssrigid29er26er

« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2008, 11:09:53 PM »

tried to pre-ride today around 4:00 but all the gates were closed and scary orange tape was everywhere.  so i got back in 75 and went to boyette.  i got home and there was an email from Mrs. North saying the gates were not locked and pre-riding was okay.  doh!

this is Anthem and I's first ever race so we will just be aiming to finish in a respectable fashion.  i'm not sure what kind of lap times that entails but I'll be happy if i can average more than 12.6 mph...

if its raining, my goal will be to not break anything.
I was there around 5pm, the gate was close but rangers were there and I told them I was there for the pre-ride and I got in. I saw Julianne adding more tapes at the course.
The route is basically almost all of grandpa, the pigs, palmetto, speedway, part of main trail, gator bait and indian. Also after piglet you will go through the new cut trail which is very soft still.
HR average at 155 bmp at 9.0 at 8.9 mi and 48 minutes on 32/18.
But with all this rain the roots will be slippery. Indian and gator bait will be a messy goo.
See you guys tomorrow , I am still finishing my 6th yuengling dark.
To make it clear, on the way back from indian you will hit the main and back to washboard to heartbreak ridge and back where you start.
The route is basically almost all of grandpa, the pigs, palmetto, speedway, part of main trail, gator bait and indian. Also after piglet you will go through the new cut trail which is very soft still...I am still finishing my 6th yuengling dark.

Yea you keep drinkng those ying-a-ling's.  This time tomorrow, I'll be enjoying my Negra Modelos you'll owe me.  All of Grampa??  Did you ride afer you drank or are you purposely misleading everyone to you advantage?  I rode the marked course at 3pm with others.  At that time, the north side of grampa was not on the course.  Only the south west leading to the hole in the fence.  Unless Julianne changed it after I left.

Grin Grin
The gearies will have huge advantage since majority of the course you can easily hit 16 mph.
But with single speed you will need a 32/16 to hit 16mph without overspinning. IMO
I had a post-ride bevarage, Julieanne was there and if I start swerving she will confiscate my swamp card Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:17:28 PM by treadlight » Logged

29, rigid and single
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ssrigid29er26er

« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2008, 11:13:14 PM »

100 percent sure that the last trail in the woods is Heartbreak. It was actually much dryer than the other to messy trails.

The course is 9.5 miles long, as long as there are no changes in the morning, even then it will be very close to that.

Morrison, I like your fuzzy math......9.5 miles, 48 minutes......? not 8.9 or 9 mph....No matter how you figure it.  Maybe it is the beer?

Garry, I hope you are right. It was slippery.
My super computer has 10 zigabite Grin Grin Grin and it says 8.9 mi and travel time at 48 min Tongue Tongue Tongue

29, rigid and single
Anthem1
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »

These are a rare breed of AQUA SQUIRRELS with bad intent to transform the zoom zooms into the up in fume fumes.
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2008, 11:14:34 PM »

Kinda like last year except with some more straight a ways.

Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2008, 11:15:52 PM »

Anthem, you've gotten funnier since you changed your name! Cheesy

Anthem1
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »

Thanks, and GOOD NIGHT NOW Kiss
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: