SWAMP Community Forums
June 23, 2008, 03:14:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You for participating in our Forums!  You add character to our site!

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 Hrs of Squiggy - 2008  (Read 5110 times)
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2008, 11:21:33 PM »

Yeah, me too. I'm outta here guys. See ya tomorrow! Rain or shine it;s Squiggy time! Smiley

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ssrigid29er26er

« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2008, 08:20:29 PM »

Congrats to Scott aka Anthem1 and Mike aka mksandoz for getting FIRST PLACE Cool Cool Cool in less than 120 team category.
Congrats to Garry and Humberto for bagging THIRD PLACE Cool Cool Cool in team category.

and congrats to everybody for enduring the muddy trails of gator pit and indian and meeting individual goals.

29, rigid and single
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2008, 09:15:15 AM »

I'll have a more detailed report upon my blog later today when my whole body experiences a bit less pain.  Grin  It got really windy out there and very chilly.  I couldn't feel my toes on my 6th and final lap.  The squirrels sure ran wild.  Congrats guyz.  The Zoom Zoom boys podium again so Mr G (presidente sir) and Hman,  nice job.

Threadlight, you were strong on that single speed.  I'll have your "Ying-A-Lings" soonI think you passed me on the 3rd lap and I was still within 2 minutes on 5th lap.  Up to 5 min my last lap as we went by hole on the fence.  I then stop chasing you and started taking pictures of Indian.  I'll have a full set on my webshot page soon. 

For now check out this pic where you can see how bad the water on Indian was.  4-6 inches deep bike covered in 6 layers of mud cake.

mksandoz
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2008, 09:56:32 AM »

Now that the pain has subsided and I'm feeling a little more normal, I can reflect on the Squiggy more objectively. 

First of all, I have to question why Indian was included when there was an alternative route planned.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not afraid to plow through the mud and get myself and my bike dirty - but as a SWAMP member I am concerned about the integrity and sustainability of the trail itself.  Perhaps Indian was included in its muddy state to spread out the field a little bit more?  I'd be interested to hear the justification for using Indian instead of the alternative route.  Maybe, and hopefully, the damage won't be so bad.

Next, I'd like to give much respect to all the solo riders.  At the end of my 4th lap I didn't think I could go another mile (I thought that at the end of the 3rd lap too), but the thought that there were folks out there doing their 6th, 7th or 8th lap spurred me on.  Next year it might be fun (or miserable) to try solo, but I think Squirrels Gone Wild will take it up a few notches instead (warning!).  Also, it was great to see the number of women racers out there - except when they were passing me!!

It was nice to meet you, treadlight (Morrison), my bikejournal arch-enemy, and everyone else whose names I hope not to forget.  Sorry to the guy whom I crashed in front of on Techno Pig and was forced to ride over me.  A big thanks is also due to the race organizers, SWAMP and WTA volunteers, sponsors, JasonD for the post-ride 'recovery' drink, all who help groom and maintain the Morris Bridge trails.  See you next year!

Mike
sideshow3
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2008, 11:53:21 PM »

i saw a squiggy racer with a helmet-cam mounted.  does anyone know who this person was?  were they a swamp-er?  is there any chance of them posting their footage here (or anywhere else, for that matter)?  i would really like to be able to show some of my friends & family (esp. my 6-year old) what the course was like on saturday.  it would also be nice to have that footage just for posterity sake.
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2008, 09:35:28 AM »

That was Jonathen LaClair.  Bobby LaClair's son.  I don't think Bobby or Jonathen are active on the forum.  I will ask him about the footage next time I see him.  Actually, I have his email somewhere so I'll ask him. 

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: